The Aussie Way

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy

Reaction score
I just love it when the AHB site acts as a springboard for people that genuinely want to give up their time to issue decent advice
about Brewing do so for people that really need it.

Cheers

;)

+100, Very happy I found this site.

Together we form a brains trust greater than any 20/20 summit Rudd could organise! :p

Yeah it's truely awesome, it's great that you can post a topic and 9/10 times get some really good feedback

Aaron

There are a few good forums on the 'tubes', but a lot of really, really shit ones.

I'm a member of a few forums, although AHB is the only brewing one, might look at a UK one as well seeing as I'm into bitters now. However one forum in particular - and it's a huge one that usually has a couple of hundred people on line at once - is so full of trolls, back biting, elite groups who have been there for years and talk right over the heads of the newer members. In other words people who need to get a life (like taking up home brewing for instance :p )

+1 to all above

This site is the only place to give me real info for improving my brewing. Got me out of the K+K doldrums and into the fresh breezes of AG.

Advice comes in on all levels, from the guy who just started and finds that this is usefull, to the blokes and ladies who have a serious obsession with brewing sharing their wealth of knowledge in a usually non judgemental way.

Love this site. :D

Definitely an awesome site, and very addictive.
Met lots of great blokes here, and there's definitely a community feel. Everyone seems happy to share info, gear, beers, etc.
The debates are very interesting too.
Even the stupid posts & topics are fun for a read.

Brilliant site - without AHB it's unlikely I would have made the transition from K&K to AG. Thanks to everyone who contributes and provide advice to the less experienced brewer.

Together we form a brains trust greater than any 20/20 summit Rudd could organise! :p

LOL, AHB is the borg, consuming your bandwidth at work and converting novice K&K brewers into AG masters!!

:icon_cheers: SJ

Definitely agree with everything already said, I found this palce 2-ish years ago now and its been great. Basic n00b questions? No worries. Advice on something a bit more advanced? Easy done! The community feel is great and there aren't any trolls or elitists as BribieG mentioned earlier.

Another thing that I've found is that nothing really gets personal, it just gets a bit of a throw around and then gets put aside, which I think is really cool. K&K v AG? Sure, whatever...benefits, disadvantages, etc etc. At the end of the day we're all brewing in some way or another and thats the main thing.

This place rocks :beerbang:

Cheers - boingk

I was directed towards an american forum by someone on a non beer related forum and was told i had to pay hundreds of dollars in membership fees if i wanted to use the boards functions........ even have a picture next to my name.

I never went back.

A Big ups for all the site sponsors that help keep it running!

cheers

Best brewing forum in Oz and one of the best in the world.

Everyone being so nice, even in the face of rampant n00b stupidity (been there, done that), with good sound advice from experience rather than w*nking on about stuff they haven't done makes it the best place for anyone getting into or wanting to improve their brew skills.

Top forum, top people, generous sponsors.

Cheers - Fermented.

Everyone enjoys a good "I love you guys, no I really mean it :party: :icon_drunk: " thread :D

Totally agree,

As a nooblet in beer brewing myself I've been totally impressed with the advice and support I've got here. Great work guys!

I just hope someone asks something I can help with one day!

Joining the group hug. :)

Love this forum. Couldn't have travelled the journey without you all!

gallery_7666_354_1479.jpg

I do hope all you huggers have used the paypal button on top of the page and made some sort of contribution to the maintenance of this great resource as we have done in this household. :rolleyes:
Yes, that is what it is for.

Cheers,
Bud

I do hope all you huggers have used the paypal button on top of the page and made some sort of contribution to the maintenance of this great resource as we have done in this household. :rolleyes:
Yes, that is what it is for.

Cheers,
Bud

On This site they have this "Currently: Next 2.5 months of HBC bills covered by member donations " below the donate button, what a good idea.

I was directed towards an american forum by someone on a non beer related forum and was told i had to pay hundreds of dollars in membership fees if i wanted to use the boards functions........ even have a picture next to my name.

I never went back.

A Big ups for all the site sponsors that help keep it running!

cheers

Ok Tony but with that mug what did you expect???

;)

Ii ever think of something i need answered it is straight on to this site. An answer everytime. I love the debates a question sometimes results in. When people get passionate you get even more info.
This is now the only on-line forum i use. I say on-line coz i still read Penthouse as the wife likes them!
The wife is on a couple of mother and baby type forums. The backstabberiy. snobberiy and all other bad things ending in ...bbery...really makes you appreciate this site!

Back