The 2006 Nsw Homebrewing Championships

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not going to get a chance to send one off anyway so stuff them.

Im all booked out with moving and finding somewhere to live....... and then i have to work all week too ;)

I will stick with the well run NSW comp....... bugger the nationals.

cheers

Just a quick heads up for the entrants - keep an eye on your letterbox because all judging sheets, award certificates and prizes were mailed to today.

Thanks again to all the judges, stewards, helpers, Mark's Home Brew, Potters and NNL Beer supplies for all their help and support.

Next year the State championship will be held earlier in June/July to avoid the rush and there will be a hunter valley comp (open to all commers) in March.

I will send an email directly to brewers who have qualified for the nationals explaining what needs to be done to get your entries in.

Thanks
David

I will send an email directly to brewers who have qualified for the nationals explaining what needs to be done to get your entries in.

Hey David,

Is the email going out tonight ? I emailed Mark this morning re:not getting my entries in the post until tomorrow, but haven't had a reply as to whether them turning up first thing next week will still be acceptable.

Beers,
Doc

Hey David,

Is the email going out tonight ? I emailed Mark this morning re:not getting my entries in the post until tomorrow, but haven't had a reply as to whether them turning up first thing next week will still be acceptable.

Beers,
Doc

I just put mine in the post on Tuesday - hopefully they work out what the hell is going on!

Hey David,

Beers,
Doc

Hi Doc,

Yes it is my next job to do.

There is still more than 2 weeks until the National comp so there is plenty of time to get your entries in.

Obviously, the sooner they arrive the longer the beer has to settle and the easier it is for the organisers to sort and organise the entries.

Working on it now ...........

I just put mine in the post on Tuesday - hopefully they work out what the hell is going on!

Did you include an entry form ?

Can you ping me a note to tell me what your entries were and I can advise.

Thanks
David

Did you include an entry form ?

Can you ping me a note to tell me what your entries were and I can advise.

Thanks
David

Yeah i popped in the entry form and fee, it was all in one of those Aus Post winepaks so should all be sweet. Just filled out the details from the NSW comps so they should be able to work it out.

I attended the comp on Saturday afternoon ( first comp attendance ) and helped out as a steward for the last couple of hours. The experience was brilliant. Serving the Stout table, I was able to taste other people's beer and listen to comments from the judges. It has definitely helped my appreciation of taste, aroma etc. BJCP here I come :D

Thanks to all involved!! I had a chance to see some of the organisational effort involved during the week leading up to the comp and hats off to all. ( I won't list them all for fear of missing someone ).
Everyone was extremely friendly, helping out with the ettiquette of 'stewardship' and giving tips to a relative beginner. Luke, the Shiraz beer is sensational!!!

Lastly, thanks to Simon, Scotty (you left before I arrived Saturday ), David, Luke and Josh for the week (course) at Potter's. Extremely educational and great fun. - Sorry for this part if it's off topic ( 2nd ever forum post)

Thanks
Pete

Good onya Peve ! keep posting too!.
I was on the Stout table and yep you did a bloody good job as Steward !

Cya next time
cheers
:beerbang:

Hi All,

Well most entrants should have recived their judging sheets back by now and are probably wondering how close they were to winning one of the prizes. So, I have just uploaded a full listing of results here.

Tears & Cheers,
David

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all involved in the NSW Comp.

I was stoked with my result! I received my certificate and tasting notes yesterday.

Once again, cheers to all involved in the comp!

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all involved in the NSW Comp.

I was stoked with my result! I received my certificate and tasting notes yesterday.

Once again, cheers to all involved in the comp!

Samwise,

Thanks for your thanks, but it is our pleasure !

One of the great things about being involved in a comp like this (either as an entrant or an official) is that everyone has a great time.

There will be another great one next year, together with more regional comps such as Sydney, Illawarra and here in the Hunter - all BJCP based to give the widest range of styles and the best judges !

Dave

Got my tasting notes in the mail on Friday arvo. I had a good laugh at the Participation certificate, but it will be proudly mounted on the wall in the garage/brauhaus! Also was good to see the results on line, and the placings. Congrats to the winners.
Thanks,
Pete

Hi,
According to the posts, the 2007 NSW Comp will be held in March. Where will it be held? And will it be advertised anywhere? Is it open to all brewers (K&K, AG,etc)? Could anyone tell me if any K&K recipes did well or are the comps more suited to AG Brewers?

Thanks

Pointy

Hi,
According to the posts, the 2007 NSW Comp will be held in March. Where will it be held? And will it be advertised anywhere? Is it open to all brewers (K&K, AG,etc)? Could anyone tell me if any K&K recipes did well or are the comps more suited to AG Brewers?

Thanks

Pointy

Pointy, you appear to have the wrong end of the stick ! :D

There will be a Hunter Valley comp held in March, but it hasn't been announced yet.

David

Hi,

Thanks

Pointy

There will be a Hunter Valley comp held in March, but it hasn't been announced yet.

David

G'day Big Fridge,
Where will the Hunter Valley comp be held and is it open to all types of Brewers? Also can you shed any light on the rest of the questions in my first post?

Thanks

Pointy

Hi,

Thanks

Pointy

David

G'day Big Fridge,
Where will the Hunter Valley comp be held and is it open to all types of Brewers? Also can you shed any light on the rest of the questions in my first post?

Thanks

Pointy

Pointy,

At the risk of repeating myself - the details have not been announced. This is not due to any conspiracy but they haven't been finalised. We are still recovering from the strain of the last comp.

For the comp just finished a full list of results appears at http://nsw.craftbrewer.org - if you entered any k&k beers then you will be able to see where they placed. We don't collect details on production methods as we believe that it can lead to very passionate arguments. But I would say that it is the skill of the brewer and their brewing conditions (ie sanitation, temperature control and selection of the best ingredients) that influence the results in competitions rather than the brewing method used.

We try to ensure that we have the best trained judges possible and they are reminded to give the as much feedback as they can to the entrant.

HTH,
David

Hi,

Thanks

Pointy

HIya Mate

As Dave ahs mentioned, for March Potters is keen to run a comp around the Harvest Festival activities in the Hunter at that time. Pretty much that is all that has been discussed for the details, the other bits and peices will be finalised in time.

The NSW Comp for the last 3 years, and any to be run by the organisers, are always open with no distinction made for AG or K+K - i reckon it takes away from the spirit of the competition as good beers are made with both. The comp's are therefore suited to all brewers and all are welcome.

The State will be rolled forward as the time frames to the Nationals are getting awfully short and to make it easier to organise. Potters will host the comp again, likely the last weekend in June. Again, details will follow, via nsw.craftbrwewer.org, this site and the other streams.

Drop us a line if any issues,

Scotty

Just a huge thanks to Mark and Keith at MHB. I received my winnings from the NSW comp yesterday and I must say they were fantastic to deal with. :super: (especially since I didn't have to provide any money. :p )

Copy_of_2006_11_02_08_54_14_0025_resize.JPG

Latest posts

Back