Thanks Ahb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasChris

Lurking
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I would post a thanks to AHB after 6 years of relative silence.

I decided to retire the old Pluto gun and upgrade to some decent taps.

Did a search on AHB for taps and decided on Perlicks
Did a search on AHB for Perlicks and came up with some ebay sites which lead to me buying 2 Perlicks. Performed the normal expectant father pacing when they didn't turn up from US in 2 days.
Looked up on AHB on what the best way to attatch the new taps to the beer fridge and where to drill holes
Searched AHB and read up on balancing the new system, downloaded crozdogs spreadsheet from AHB.

Drilled some holes, fitted some lines, adjusted sytem for new gear, poured first beer from each tap, each beer perfect.

Dunno why people want to change, improve, fiddle with AHB.
Its all in here waiting to be found, it just wont spoon feed you!

Only problem I had was no where did it say to clean out new taps well as the first beer from each tap tasted like plastic, rubber and metal shavings.
Reckon its AHB's fault.

Cheers
Chris

Golden mate. :D How good is kegging.

Golden mate. :D How good is kegging.
Good once you can get the carbonating right. I've over-gassed twice now and end up pouring nothing but foam. Trial and error (yes I have read the articles)

Dunno why people want to change, improve, fiddle with AHB.
Its all in here waiting to be found, it just wont spoon feed you!

Oh god.......... dont let PP see that....... there will be another "OUTBREAK"

Welcome back TC............. those taps are great hey...... i got 3 from the states and love em.

cheers

Back