Thank You All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lickapop

Reaction score
I just want to say thanks heaps to everyone at this site for all their wise insights into brewing.

I have put down a couple of AG brews and they where awesome and I would not have done it without everyones previous posts
and info.

I hope I will be able to contribute something someday.

I have just finished my setup and I am going to do DrSmurto's Golden ale over the weekend.

One thing I have found in testing all my gear is my march pump runs pretty hot..as in hot it burns ones skin hot.. after running it for 5 min.
Is this normal? or did my dodgy electician Brother wire it up the wrong way and its frying it?

Thanks again all... and thanks for those asking the simple qustions as it saved me posting :)

Well done Lickapop another convert

Pumpy :)

Dammit, do a search! ;)

The forum is really great though, I certianly wouldn't be the beer crazy bloke I am now if it wasn't for the forum.

As to your march pump question, I'll let that go through to those who own one....

See the search function really does work...

has there being a poll of how many people have made Dr Smurto's golden ale?????

:eek:

Be a man and make a Pillar Of Stout...

Its in the recipie DB :icon_chickcheers:

Hot march pump hey........... ive never touched mine. I have a bit of PVC pipe over it to stop water/grain/whatever else getting in it.

Its just been turned on and run for hours on end and then switched off. Still going after god knows how many hours run time.

Am going to do a brew on friday night. Will see if it burns my fingers and let you know if i remember :)

cheers

Frig ! Wouldn't touch mine, run +90C water through it after brewday for cleaning and also boiling wort from the kettle via the plate chiller to sanitise and back to the kettle for 15 min prior to flame out. Would be worried if it got hot pumping cold water.

Screwy

+1 there, I have mine running for hours on brew day and it is far from hot, maybe warm.
The search function must work if this fella got AG brewing without even a post.

Steve

It's actually Dane posting under a false identity. He's finally made the move from extracts. Now that he's learnt everything expect the forum to dissappear tomorrow :ph34r:

Lickapop, just to be on the safe side, there are a couple of oil ports to lubricate the bearings at each end of the motor, drop a couple of drops of oil down these just in case your bearing are running dry.

cheers

Browndog

+1 there, I have mine running for hours on brew day and it is far from hot, maybe warm.
The search function must work if this fella got AG brewing without even a post.

Steve

Lets just say I had alot of silly questions to ask but it was all here already at my finger tips...well I did alot of digging because
that search function isnt the greatest.

I have never brewed before, not even from a can. But I went thru Cascade Brewery and it got me all ready to give it a crack.
My first brew came out heaps better than I expected, heaps better than any kit brews I have tasted.. so now Im hooked.

As for the march pump, I have only run cold water thru it and its cookin. It pumps good tho.
I will oil it up and hope for the best..

If it was wired wrong would the pump still work but work overtime or would it not pump at all?

Latest posts

Back