Terror suspect shot dead in Melbourne suburb.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is well worth watching. Especially at about the 4min mark. The woman makes the most rational statement that I have heard for a long time

http://youtu.be/nrmwB0bwtYQ

Ok. Here is how it went

Police asked the offender to come in for a chat
The offender went to the police station to have a chat, but refused to go inside, instead asking the police officers to meet him in the car park
2 police officers went outside to meet him in the carpark
As one of them went to shake his hand and introduce himself he stabbed the officer
He then went to stab the 2nd officer who drew his gun and shot him

What would you have done ?

Online Brewing Supplies said:
So if some one stabs me I can kill them, I think not.
No, but if cops witness it they'll use lethal force to try and save your life. I think there's some heinous shit going on surrounding this incident and the trumped up fear of terrorism at the moment, but one of those cops was very badly injured. Sounds like it was a clean shooting from what I've read so far.

If someone stabbed you and you reasonably feared for your safety (as you might) and you exercised reasonable force to defend yourself then yes. Cops carry handguns, most citizens don't but if the reports are true, no-one has much right to question the decisions of the officers to draw.
It's how the story gets played out and is manipulated (spin, media etc) that is interesting and scary at the same time.

Costing us tax payer $500 mil/yr to incite the other side of the coin.

manticle said:
If someone stabbed you and you reasonably feared for your safety (as you might) and you exercised reasonable force to defend yourself then yes. Cops carry handguns, most citizens don't but if the reports are true, no-one has much right to question the decisions of the officers to draw.
It's how the Murdoch Press manipulated (spin, media etc) that is interesting and scary at the same time.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
So if some one stabs me I can kill them, I think not.
I dont know the full story but killing someone is a big call.
If your life or safety is at risk, you have every right to use appropriate force to defend yourself.

If someone's just stabbed his colleague and is going to stab him, then yes he has every right to draw his gun and shoot. I doubt there was time to make a distinction between a shot to incapacitate and a shot to kill

As I have heard on the radio,he stabbed the Victorian copper first then the Federal copper ,the Victorian copper then shot him.
This bloke stabbed cops and was shot dead,dunno about the media frenzy with a terrorism angle but that's the media for you.
What kind of fuckwit attacks a cop!

A few years back, a jewelry store (family run) owner in a suburb not to far from my folks place came out from the back of the shop to discover a thief holding a knife at his wife's throat screaming at her to empty the trays into a bag.
The owner produced a pistol from behind the counter, chased the thief out the door and shot him dead. It went to court. He was found not guilty.
Good on him I thought. And good on the jury.

Agree with that,how many times has CCTV footage of a servo holdup been shown on the news ?
One day a servo worker is going to pull a gun on the robber and shot them,no worries there just another piece of shit getting its comeuppance .

Ducatiboy stu said:
This is well worth watching. Especially at about the 4min mark. The woman makes the most rational statement that I have heard for a long time

http://youtu.be/nrmwB0bwtYQ
Brigitte Gabriel has got some huge kahunas under that blouse.
And some big o'l bobbies also.

panzerd18 said:
Another false flag attack another excuse to further their agenda.
Please explain? Liek, that's some pretty serious conspiracy, stabbing a a couple of *****/coppers in order to shoot some **** in order for the guberments/illuminati/greens/rspca or whoever to have a reason to slowly strip away your rights due to your outrage that today tonight incites?

I haven't seen the dudes stab wounds first hand so can't verify them for the al foil hat brigade 1000.10%, but until we're all taken though whatever ward old mate resides individually to confirm 1 or more copper was cut up, what actually makes anything about this a "False Flag Attack"?

I can't believe some of the rubbish written here.

The young bloke had been on the radar as radicalised for some time. The police get him to come to the station to ask him a few questions and with clear premeditated intentions he pulls out a knife and begins attacking the Police officers.

They shoot him in self defence and he dies, but according to some of the nutters on here, it's a government conspiracy, or the police have no right to defend themselves, or they're wearing the wrong coloured uniforms, or it's false flag attack, or it's the Murdoch press doing some shit.

No, what it was, was a radicalised young Muslim, trying to kill police officers but instead he copped it, like he should have.

No conspiracy.

Black Devil Dog said:
I can't believe some of the rubbish written here.

The young bloke had been on the radar as radicalised for some time. The police get him to come to the station to ask him a few questions and with clear premeditated intentions he pulls out a knife and begins attacking the Police officers.

They shoot him in self defence and he dies, but according to some of the nutters on here, it's a government conspiracy, or the police have no right to defend themselves, or they're wearing the wrong coloured uniforms, or it's false flag attack, or it's the Murdoch press doing some shit.

No, what it was, was a radicalised young Muslim, trying to kill police officers but instead he copped it, like he should have.

No conspiracy.

Here here. Also in relation to the proposed changes in legislation, I'm inclined to believe those who believe it is being done to simply gain more power and not to assist the ability to counter the progression of terror threats would probably be in the same camp whinging about no action being taken if there had been no proposed changes.

We live in a great country with great values and freedoms, I praise those who seek to keep it that way.

I think that the point some (and I would myself also) make is that events like these are used to justify changes/introductions to legislation which give those in power and influence mmore opportunities to erode rights and access to information for the general populace. Govts and the like know full well that circumstances come up which will enable them to take such action.

I have no issue whatsoever with tyhe actions of the coppers.

If two police can not defend themselves against one small guy with a knife with out killing him then they should not be doing what they are doing.
I am not anti police I actually had police in my family, none of them trigger happy I am happy to say.

Latest posts

Back