Terror suspect shot dead in Melbourne suburb.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knife in my neck, gun in my hand

I'm shooting you in the head till the gun is empty, without pausing to check religious affiliation

Think most would do the same

Oklahoma, man decapitates co-worker after being sacked for trying to convert other workmates to Islam, I say thank goodness we only get the Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses knocking on the door to try and convert us, next time they come around here I may give them a hug instead of a, 'No thank you I'm an atheist'.

Christian Crusiaders used to do that type of thing....oh those barbaric christain fundamentalists...

wide eyed and legless said:
Oklahoma, man decapitates co-worker after being sacked for trying to convert other workmates to Islam, I say thank goodness we only get the Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses knocking on the door to try and convert us, next time they come around here I may give them a hug instead of a, 'No thank you I'm an atheist'.
How does it go?

Christians try to convert the rest,

Muslims try to wipe out the rest,

Jews try to exclude the rest..........

I think Mardoo that the reason is each religion believes they are right, so they try to convert those that don't believe in their religion to put them on the right track. HALLE ******* LUJAH.
What a pity that when they fall off the perch they will never realise that all the religious shit they have gone through in there lives was for **** all.
In a couple of hundred years (if global warming,pestilence or Putin doesn't foreclose on the human species) they will look back through history and say,WTF were they playing at.

I know of a number of people who were druggies,out of control idiots etc who were a step away from death or jail but they found God.
They now practice their Christian beliefs and are genuinely nice kind people.
Putting a religious faith to its correct use is ,well correct,I don't know of any true faith that says you must butcher and despise others.
Cheers....spog...

spog said:
I know of a number of people who were druggies,out of control idiots etc who were a step away from death or jail but they found God.
They now practice their Christian beliefs and are genuinely nice kind people.
Putting a religious faith to its correct use is ,well correct,I don't know of any true faith that says you must butcher and despise others.
Cheers....spog...
Yeah. I've seen the same thing. For the majority, religion has definitely changed their lives for the better. For others, it has led to a violent and tragic form of insanity.The bible, for example, is a bloody horror story for the most part. It encourages things like racism, slavery and genocide. It also encourages peace, love and non-violence. (but usually only to like minded people. The rest should be butchered and despised) So "correct use" is a very grey area and open to huge variations in interpretation.

I really think, after an eff of a lot of years of thinking about it, that religion serves the purpose of teaching people that we are all connected, that as individual beings we are both important to the whole and meaningless - and dead - without it. It attempts to make the point that together we stand, and divided we are conquered. As that, it has been very valuable. I fear a bit moving forward without a socially codified way of teaching this, but I know that we as a species have the capacity to find new ways to make this point to people. Without having to cut their heads off. Really. It's hard to pass on knowledge when the head is separated from the body, although many people seem to live for decades in this condition :blink: Media (not "the media") have increased all culture's contact with other cultures, and it is becoming harder and harder to live within our socially codified religious bubbles. It's not going to work for us to make every bubble the same as our own, but we all have the same things to learn. I haven't yet seen the -ism that is going to teach that to everyone though, but again, it doesn't need to be one source.

The golden rule - do unto others as you would have them do unto you - is in at least 13 major religions in one form or another. There are species survival tools that humans need to learn in order to survive as a self-reflective species, among which are the former, as well as "don't shit in your own bed". We seem to have some trouble remembering both of those.

Edited for clarity.

This may be going to far but.. Judaism, Christianity and Islam is technically the same god... One grew from the other, JC is a prophet of islam, JC was a Jew. etc.

Though living in a desert and not being able to have a nice cold beer at days end has always puzzled me why it caught on. :drinks:

Edit: Prophet not profit, doh.

And... weell.... One of JC's big things was the old turning water into wine. Dunno maybe Medina had a lot of reformed alcoholics in Muhammads time. Dunno, long time ago. well before the nineties anyway.

We humans are the only species on this little blue,brown and green planet that will kill for want.
All other species kill for survival,just a bunch of animals.really.

Though living in a desert and not being able to have a nice cold beer at days end has always puzzled me why it caught on

Interestingly in the Hebrew Bible there are numerous references to beer; amongst other things God was given about half a hin of beer every day - essentially a six pack - as part of the temple ceremonies! (The beer references are usually mistranslated or misunderstood).

Sounds like we've reached the huggy feely "I love you man, we are all one" part of the thread.

Mardoo said:
The golden rule - do unto others as you would have them do unto you - is in at least 13 major religions in one form or another.
Is the Golden Rule good because it is in 13 different religions or is it in 13 different religions because it is good?

In this day and age I would imagine that most of us would be morally efficient to live peacefully, the scriptures have helped give society a base to work from. I would even challenge that even without having a religious belief most of us would be just as, if not more have compassion towards others which flaw the Saints or Sinners Gallop Poll that puts Australia 10th on the league table, how do the pollsters
differentiate those who take up religion and go to church just as an insurance policy in case there is an after life and those who just like to feel holier than thou.

Latest posts

Back