Temp control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update on fermentation temp control on the use of the rubber "wrapping". Help for those without a fermentation fridge.

Ambient temp in beer room over the week 11 to 14 degrees, fermentation temp for same period 17.2 to 17.4 without the aid of heat or cooling. Very happy with setup.

Reference for the foam boxes is in the post
Fermenter temperature control

Sorry don't know how to link that, help please or just do the search.

I'm in Tas and have been using a Mangrove Jacks temp controller (it can only do heating OR cooling, not both at the same time). Fortunately the room I have the fermenter in sits pretty consistently around 12 degrees so I've just thrown a heat belt on the fermenter with an insulating blanket (used to belong to one of the kids!) and set the temp controller to 18 degrees. Every time I've checked it it's been sitting on 18 degrees, although fermentation does still seem slow..

My brother runs the aquaculture centre at UTAS so he's loaned me a temp logger, it's a little sealed device about the size of a small USB stick and it records temps dependent on whatever interval you use, at the end you just plug it into a PC and the software spits out a report. So, that little logger is floating somewhere in the fermenter and when I bottle late next week we'll check to see how good the heat belt and blanket worked, should be interesting.

Latest posts

Back