Temp control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbo72

Reaction score
I've got problems with temperatures. So, I have got a 50ltr container that fits 28 out of my 30 PET 750ml bottles, filled it with water and a bit of sanitiser then put in a 55 watt fish tank heater set at ~22c. Don't know how this will work.

Any thoughts?

Problems with the cold slowing the carbonation of your brews ?
There is a thread on this that was started about a week or two ago,I can't remember it's title .
They will carbonate but with the cold it will take a bit longer,maybe a warmer place to store them ?

jumbo72 said:
I've got problems with temperatures. So, I have got a 50ltr container that fits 28 out of my 30 PET 750ml bottles, filled it with water and a bit of sanitiser then put in a 55 watt fish tank heater set at ~22c. Don't know how this will work.

Any thoughts?
Yes it will probably work but what is the temp. of the room where the bottles are stored and what was the temp. of the beer at bottling time? Consider placing a blanket over the container pushing down around the sides of the bottles rather than the "bath" set up.
Cheers

jumbo72 said:

Any thoughts?
That will work fine

Back