Temp control heat source and compressor settings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenBear

Reaction score
Hey all,

A couple questions regarding temperature control, any input would be much appreciated.

1) I've got a heat belt, but I get the impression that these reptile incubator heat pads are the go. Thoughts?

2) Whats a good setting the have the compressor delay on with an STC-1000?

Cheers!

1) Heat belt is fine, just don't put it in direct contact with the fermenter.

2) I have mine on zero - this is only if you're expecting rapid swings in temperature and you don't want to be cycling your compressor on and off rapidly. This is unlikely to occur in a ferment fridge, so having no delay reduces the under/overshoot.

klangers said:
1) Heat belt is fine, just don't put it in direct contact with the fermenter.

2) I have mine on zero - this is only if you're expecting rapid swings in temperature and you don't want to be cycling your compressor on and off rapidly. This is unlikely to occur in a ferment fridge, so having no delay reduces the under/overshoot.
1) Agree, I chuck my heat belt in the bottom of the fridge below each of the fermenters in the old 'vegetable box' slot.

2) I've got mine set to 3 mins just to be cautious, I find it also stops the rapid on and off's when you open the fridge to take gravity readings and either hot/cold air enters quickly (even though the liquid temp hasn't changed)

Back