Teikoku Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fents

Not a Beer God
Reaction score
So i did a search and nothing came up. I think i have just found my holy grail. Whilst out on a delivery run last night one of our customers slid me one of these over the bar. Try this he says, it will blow you away.

Started reading the bottle and you cant read much as its all in japanese or something. Apparentlly 4 US expats who now live there have started Bairds Beer - They have a 5 beer range a i think check there website anyways : http://bairdbeer.com/en/

Well blow me away was the least it did....it nearly threw me off a cliff. This IS the BEST beer I have ever tasted. Everyone that knows me knows im an ale person...APA's EPA's IPA's AIPA's i dont care as long as its hoppy.

They poured it into a massive wine glass for us and we took a big whiff....Massive US "C" Hop notes on the nose, i couldnt stop smelling it.

Took a sip and nearly cried it was that good. Starts off all c hops but the flavour you get is defiantly english (in my opion)....Its like the best of both worlds.

I wont rant on to much more but please if you see this beer buy it, drink it with care and bloody well enjoy it.

This is a photo i took at home of a traveller they gave us cause i could not stop talking about it.

DSC00882.JPG

alright Fents my good man... where did you get this little beauty - or is it a trade secret?? :ph34r:

I know that CJ in J who's posted on here a few times is the brewer over there. You might find some threads around the place with him using insane amounts of hops when he was a simple homebrewer. Sounds great. Any idea where it's available here?

well i got mine from one of our stockists :

Penny Blue - 2 Driver Lane, Melb CBD 3000

Pretty sure he had 10 bottles or so left but no takeaways, its a bar, drink on premise only.

See Dave he knows all about it - Apparently they have a IIPA, he's orderd some cases and apparently it blows this beer away in 1 second. I cant even start to imagine it.

alright Fents my good man... where did you get this little beauty - or is it a trade secret?? :ph34r:

if you find this and it will be a mission you are going to shit bricks when you drink it. its people like you who will apprciate this beer more than anyone.

mission accepted. thanks for the report fents, will try to hunt this down and give it a whirl.

if you find this and it will be a mission you are going to shit bricks when you drink it. its people like you who will apprciate this beer more than anyone.

sounds good to me Fents... will see if I can track it down.

mission accepted. thanks for the report fents, will try to hunt this down and give it a whirl.

sounds good to me Fents... will see if I can track it down.

Lunchtime Chicken Hunt Fellas? :lol:

Lunchtime Chicken Hunt Fellas? :lol:
What, today? now? IPA? hmmmm...perhaps a bit early. Still recovering from my almost AFD yesterday, so maybe later in the week?

What, today? now? IPA? hmmmm...perhaps a bit early. Still recovering from my almost AFD yesterday, so maybe later in the week?

Bit poorly on Sunday mate... fair to say I was a little hungover myself and could smell cigars still until early arvo I reckon...

Bit poorly on Sunday mate... fair to say I was a little hungover myself and could smell cigars still until early arvo I reckon...
yeah, bit rough around the edges, thought a smoked lager would be a good pick-me-up, which shows my state of mind.

yup a little avg on sunday. mind you i was up at 8:30am and off to my mums at 9:30 for mothers day. then the mother in laws etc. not good for recovery.

anyways back OT/. slowbeer in Hawthorn stock it.

yep old mate said the IIPA was the one. hopefully come across one this week in my travels.

to be honest its just occured to me that not everyone will like this beer or think as highly of it as me. when you drink it judge the beer and not my ranting.

Latest posts

Back