Tasty Dips

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chookers

Reaction score
Grilled Eggplant Dip

1 Eggplant Sliced ( I sliced mine length ways in to six pieces 1-1.5cm thick)
45 gram Cashew Nuts ( I use the salted roasted kind, but you can use raw)
1/4 Cup of chopped Sundried tomatoes, (make sure you get some of the tomato oil)
1/4 -1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (pecorino can be substituted)
pinch each of dried oregano and basil

Eggplant Marinade:

1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
2 tsp Salt
a good grind of Black Pepper

Combine marinade ingredients, and brush eggplant slices put under the grill 4mins, on each side, brush with marinade. Keep your eyes on them so they dont burn. When they're nice and cooked, throw everything into a food processor. The sundried tomato oil is important as it imparts a flavour that just hits the spot. Process to desired consistency ( I like mine a bit chunky). Then scrape out into a bowl and play the tasting game, you may need to add more salt/pepper or cheese. Stir in any additional seasoning out of the processor.

let me know what you think.

Spicy Tomato and Basil Dip

this recipe is for about 450g,

135g Cashews
20g Parmesan (more to taste if needed)
100g Red Capsicum (cut in quarters paint both sides with oil and grill until skin turns black, cool and wipe off skin)
100g Sundried tomatoes chopped
2 TBLS White Vinegar
2 TBLS Canola Oil
90g Feta Cheese
2-3 Cloves of Garlic Squashed/smashed
pinch of ground chilli (or more depending on how hot you like it)
1 tsp salt
pinch each of cumin powder, paprika or smoked parika, which will give it a more BBQ flavour.

put in food processor until desired consistency. Sundried tomato oil is a great seasoning.

Note: I have not made the Spicy Tomato yet, so I dont know how good this recipe is, Im open to suggestions if its in need of work.

Hey I forgot to add Basil to the ingredients of the Spicy tomato BASIL Dip.. its about a handful of Fresh Basil Leaves roughly chopped and added to the processor, with the rest of the ingredients.

Back