Tasmanian Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 x 750ml per entry does make it a bit hard, especially on postage etc to get entries down there.
Looking at doing a bulk hop buy shortly if anyone is interested, can also source things like whirlfloc, brewbrite etc.

I am interested. However, I can't guarantee I will atm though as it will obviously depend if you are willing to post down to Hobart and how much extra that will cost if you are.

3 x 750ml per entry does make it a bit hard, especially on postage etc to get entries down there.
Looking at doing a bulk hop buy shortly if anyone is interested, can also source things like whirlfloc, brewbrite etc.

Lagerbomb, all the equipment arived last week and is almost setup, just waiting on a sparky and its all systems go! let me know when your down this way next and i will give you a tour :)

Postage is the killer form NW Tassie, espescially if you are entering multiple beers. Have got about 6 brews I would like to enter, but is going to be costly.
Not sure why they needed 3 bottles, as most comp only require 2.

Thanks for the invite itmechanic. I will certainly take you up on it in the near future, along with Mrs Bomb, who has also an avid interest.
I'm interested in the bulk buy as well. Let me know the details etc.

I will definitively be heading down to attend and if there is a comp I will probably enter a few beers as well.

Should be just what I need to re-acclimatize after Oktoberfest :)

Just thought I would BUMP this - Noticed that the entry forms and competition conditions of entry are now available from THBS.

Cheers
LagerBomb

I dont have much experience with other comps but 3x 650ml seems to be overkill! What is the norm with other comps?

Got my accommodation organised but I won't be entering into the comp as I don't have 3 by 740ml bottles of any brew.

Hope to see everyone there.

cheers

Ian

I dont have much experience with other comps but 3x 650ml seems to be overkill! What is the norm with other comps?

Vicbrew require 1 bottle, minimum of 700ml from memory. 1 bottle is enough but if the comp is doing a 'best of show' prize, sometimes they require a second bottle to judge against other category winners. Others award best of show to the beer that scores the most points.

3 bottles sounds like the organisers are stocking their shelves at home... :ph34r:

Just booked my accomodation and bought my tickets.
Mrs Spork is designated driver. She will tag along for the entertainment, but doesn't like beer, so I guess I'll have to use her sample tokens as well. :)
Hope to meet some of you guys there. I'll wear a AHB shirt if they have arrived by then.
I have a sensational oatmeal stout that I'd love to enter, but I doubt very much that I'll have 3 bottles left by then.

I was thinking about entering my Kolsch but unfortunately I didn't save enough bottles. Oh well I guess I will just have to drink them.

I will still be heading down and attending both Friday and Saturday. Also looking forward to stocking up at Coolwine with some beers we don't see in the North.

See you there.

Hi folks
I'm heading to Beerfest. Not entering the comp though, just sampling a few different beer types. :)

cheers

Hi Guys,

spoke to amanda from thbs last week and said they only got 5 entries so there aint gonna be any comp this year...
may become a bi annual event...

Hi Guys,

spoke to amanda from thbs last week and said they only got 5 entries so there aint gonna be any comp this year...
may become a bi annual event...

I reckon it's because of all the beer they want you to submit. Nevertheless, this will be a shame.

Yes I think it could be quantity of beer required that put people off I know thats what puts me off. It would get expensive rather quickly to send down more than one entry.
Does anyone know why they need 3 long necks. How many judges are there tasting.

Cheers Stu

Apart from the volume of beer required to enter, is it usual to have to send it 2 weeks ahead? If it could be submitted "on the day" (or the day before) then people traveling down from elsewhere in the state could take their entries and not pay a heap on post.

Next year might have to look @ costs to send entries down on Redline, or some other courier. May well be a lot cheaper than Aust. post...

I'm going down to Beerfest for the Saturday only, dissapointing the beer comp fell thru but I baulked at the 3 bottles per entry. Post is a killer
Cheers
Chris

I'm giving Friday a miss but I'll be there sometime on Saturday. How are we going to know who anyone is?

I guess if you see some nut tapping people on the shoulder asking if they are a member here then that will likely be me :wacko:

I sent a couple of beers down to the comp - Fastway couriers - $22 for upto 25kilos to send to Hobart. I didn't think that it was too expensive - much cheaper than posting it.
If the comp is cancelled, then I guess someone get a few free beers on me then.
Cheers
LagerBomb

p.s. I will be there Saturday regardless.

I will be there both days, will be wearing a Morrison Brewery T shirt. Our stall is next to Iron House.

Bad news about the comp, 3 bottles is way too much per entry, most mainland comps only need 500ml per entry. Hopefully something better comes of it next year.

Mmmm Morrison Brewery T shirts - Don't worry, I have made my own. Looking forward to a sample of the brews, if shininess is a factor in making good beer, then Morrison Brewery beers should be the the best.

Latest posts

Back