Tasmanian Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Tassie beer festival on the 18th and 19th November?

I wanted to go but unfortunately Im going to the King Valley wine festival with my wife and bro in law and his wife for the weekend.
If I had known it was on before I paid my $300 deposit on our accomodation I would have cancelled on them and gone to Tassie instead. Since Ive discovered craft beers and home brewing I havent touched a wine. :beer:

Anyone going to the Tassie beer festival on the 18th and 19th November?

I wanted to go but unfortunately Im going to the King Valley wine festival with my wife and bro in law and his wife for the weekend.
If I had known it was on before I paid my $300 deposit on our accomodation I would have cancelled on them and gone to Tassie instead. Since Ive discovered craft beers and home brewing I havent touched a wine. :beer:

Yep!! Are THBS having their comp this year? I might even enter this time....

Sweet I'm not working that weekend! so yep I think I will be going :)

It is quite good, i dont think last years was as good as the year before though, hope it improves for this year. Worth going anyway, and worth entering the THBS comp.

Hoping to get there this year. Will have to take a couple of days off to go. I hope THBS has it's comp again. Gotta try to knock off the reigning champ, but probablty won't be able to achieve this. Don't want to upset the grain supplier. ;)

Put it in my diary to make sure I say "no thanks" to any shifts offered to me that weekend.
Could be a good opportunity to visit THBS and spend some $$$ too.

Put it in my diary to make sure I say "no thanks" to any shifts offered to me that weekend.
Could be a good opportunity to visit THBS and spend some $$$ too.

What is THBS????

as it so happens i will be in Hobart for a bux on the saturday and the buck has planned to start at beerfest so i will be attending!

looking forward to it.

Sill me.
I thought it was Tas Home Brewing Supplies...

Ill be there...after last years aborted effort

Hey Spork, I though it was The Home Brew Swillers......Jay and Amanda would be impressed

Hoping to get there this year. Will have to take a couple of days off to go. I hope THBS has it's comp again. Gotta try to knock off the reigning champ, but probablty won't be able to achieve this. Don't want to upset the grain supplier. ;)

Im pretty sure they are having the comp again, hope so because ive got a couple of things to enter. It will be good to meet up with a few other brewers.

I hope there are lots more entries this year, make it a more interesting competition. :)

Okay, got a new supplier. Looks like the comps on with Mr Itmechanic. Might try a bit of carpet bombing.
It will be good to catch up, or maybe just meet a few fellow brewers. Not many AGers up my way. Only 3 that I know of.
Oh, and I won't be carpet bombing - if its like last year, I will have to send too much beer away, which would/should be best drunk at home.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Edit - fixed spileng mistayks

3 x 750ml per entry does make it a bit hard, especially on postage etc to get entries down there.
Looking at doing a bulk hop buy shortly if anyone is interested, can also source things like whirlfloc, brewbrite etc.

Lagerbomb, all the equipment arived last week and is almost setup, just waiting on a sparky and its all systems go! let me know when your down this way next and i will give you a tour :)

Back