Taphouse Spectapular - 12th Feb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.DJ.

Reaction score
Anyone else going to this??

seem like some interesting beers...

A coconut beer (Burleigh)
Dark Red from Stone and Wood
A collaboration between 2 Vic brewerys (Red Hill and Hargreaves Hill)
A imperial Wit from some bloke named Doc??

should be a good day!

Will try and head in to the St Kilda night.

Belgian Rasberry Wit from our crew at Kooinda. Turned out bloody nice to!

Cant wait to try the Red Hill / HH Hill colab.

A imperial Wit from some bloke named Doc??

The Zephyr. Double White Ale.
Delivered the kegs for Darlo and St Kilda last week.

I'm really stoked with this beer. Hope you all like it.
I'll be at the Darlo Local Taphouse on the 12th.

Zephyr_Extended.jpg

Doc

Here's the final lineup!

Here's the final lineup:

* Original Fassbier - Kellerbier matured on roasted oak chips (Last Drop, WA, 4.6%)
* Cucumber Sandwich - Summer Ale (Mountain Goat, VIC, 4.2%)
* kb - Kriek Berliner Weisse served through morello cherries (Wig & Pen, ACT, 4.3%)
* Organic Blueberry Hefeweizen (Otway Estate, VIC, 5%)
* Belgian Raspberry Wit (Kooinda, VIC, 5.5%)
* Anzac Bickies - Oats, coconut and vanilla ale (Burleigh Brewing, QLD, 5%)
* Red Relief (Stone & Wood, NSW, 4.7%)
* Cherry Bomb - Cherry and coconut porter (True South, VIC, 5%)
* Quince Ale (Lobethal and Brew Boys Collaboration, SA, 5.6%)
* Zephyr (Double White Ale, NSW, 5.6%)
* Chocolate Chilli Porter (Hunter, NSW, 5.8%)
* 2 Hills Maibock (Collaboration between Hargreaves Hill and Red Hill Breweries, VIC, 6.8%)
* Wee Heavy (4 Pines, 7.8%)
* Rye IPA (Mash, WA)
* Karma Citra - Black IPA showcasing the Citra hop (Feral, WA, 5.9%)
* Lemon Myrtle IPA (Jamieson, VIC, 7%)
* The Secret Romance of Herman van Rompuy and Cherry Poppens - Belgian style Flanders red (Moondog, VIC, 7.3%)
* The Empress - Imperial Mocha Porter (Holgate, VIC, 10%)
* Big Red Rocket - Imperial Red Ale (Bridge Road, VIC, 9%)
* Imperious - Imperial Belgian Blond Ale (Murrays, NSW, 11%)

cherry and cocnut porter sounds interesting and so does chocolate chilli..they all sound good :icon_drool2:

sounds awesome!!!

looking forward to Stone and Wood, Murrays and Ferals in particular...

and what the hell is a Cucumber Sandwich?

can't wait for this, I'll be there for sure!

I'd love to try the Empress. But wood end is closer than st kilda for me. Hmmm maybe a trip to holgate is in order. Hopefully they have it at the brewery...

Cucumber Sandy Sounds nice and refreshing I cant wait.

Will be there with bells. Will also try to get throughout the list, at least once........

Will be there with bells. Will also try to get throughout the list, at least once........

Watched a few people try that at Harts Brewers Feast at the weekend and all but one fail :p
Will be good to be on the consumption side rather than the serving side this weekend.
See you there.

Doc

I don't think I can resist that beer list.
If I can find a babysitter count me in!

sounds awesome!!!

looking forward to Stone and Wood, Murrays and Ferals in particular...

and what the hell is a Cucumber Sandwich?
If you have to ask, you can't afford it ...big boy :lol: The Taphouse IS in St Kilda remember.... :rolleyes:

I'm here now and it is a madhouse...qued for 20 mins to just get in..then 10 mins to get first beers...although they have run out of paddles and then 20 for the second lot of beers...awaiting round three....
There are ALOT of too cool for skool crowd here...maybe the craft beer thing might be a phase :ph34r:

Home now .... So for me.After tha paddle ...Berliner vizsee..via the randle was gold

There are ALOT of too cool for skool crowd here...maybe the craft beer thing might be a phase :ph34r:
I don't think they were there just for the beer...

However, anything that improves the profile of craft beer, and especially the awesome lineup of Australian micro's is only a good thing. Plus, if just one hipster gets turned from the dark path of megaswill, it's win-win.

Reading the line up it seems that all the brewers are reading from the same 'hip things to brew' book. Same themes being repeated. Obviously an article on cheery and coconut in commercial brewers quarterly.

In general sounds like an interesting line up. Was it worth it ferg? I personally couldn't be arses waiting that long for some beers. I'd rather just buy similar ones from purvis et al and enjoy them in comfort if it was that much if a shit fight

Didn't get to try everything, next time I'll go 4 tasting paddles to get through all the beers but the ones I had:

-Cucumber Sandwich - Summer Ale (Mountain Goat, VIC, 4.2%)- Great beer, very unusual with the cucumber slice, refreshing fruity hoppy
-Organic Blueberry Hefeweizen (Otway Estate, VIC, 5%)- I think this is an idea that was better on paper than in the mouth, essence of toilet cleanser
-kb - Kriek Berliner Weisse served through morello cherries (Wig & Pen, ACT, 4.3%)-As with all wig and pen beers this was very well made, nicely balanced lovely sour beer
-Karma Citra - Black IPA showcasing the Citra hop (Feral, WA, 5.9%)- This was great also, although not bitter enough for an IPA, but a great balance between the choclatey roast and the hops
* Imperious - Imperial Belgian Blond Ale (Murrays, NSW, 11%)- This was a highlight, typical Murrays hop and fermentation profile although a little sweet in the finish, could have done with a bit more attanuation

until next tome

A good day...A lot of beers...twenty!

And a lot of good people to talk to, I think I chatted to a least 3 head brewers...!!

Some very interesting brews, almost trying to out-do the next one down the line..

My personal Favorites....
14. Feral Karma Citra-Black IPA. So refreshing and clean..
12. 2 Hills Maibok
5. FannyGertrudes Anzac bikie beer
2.MG Cucumber Sandwich
18. Murrays Imperious...11%! but beautiful structure!

Really too many to mention, I just enjoyed hopping from beer to beer, taking in the next barrage of flavour!

SS

Latest posts

Back