Tap For Fridge Door Mounting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theironyuppie

Reaction score
ok, ive nearly got my commercial rig sorted out.
just wanted to ask a few people whats the best sort of tap to use for door mounting?
ive already got a lock-in style tap which i scored from a pub. like the one attached.
is this possible / easy to mount or should i bet getting a new one?
whats involved in using this one?
cheers people :beer:

oh and thanks 2 citymorge2 for the pic.

post_4362_1214736902_thumb.jpg

ok, ive nearly got my commercial rig sorted out.
just wanted to ask a few people whats the best sort of tap to use for door mounting?
ive already got a lock-in style tap which i scored from a pub. like the one attached.
is this possible / easy to mount or should i bet getting a new one?
whats involved in using this one?
cheers people :beer:

oh and thanks 2 citymorge2 for the pic.
You can still use that type of tap, but you will need a "lock - in" adaptor plus a fridge shank. Andale can help you with both. I will find my camera and take some pics soon of what you will need.

Sully

You can still use that type of tap, but you will need a "lock - in" adaptor plus a fridge shank. Andale can help you with both. I will find my camera and take some pics soon of what you will need.

Sully

A lot of people use that type of tap as Sully says, you just need the correct anchoring points. If you were buying / starting from stratch, there is a one piece fridge tap unit (can't find a photo but they are regularly advertised on eBay) that is easier to install and pretty much the default choice now for that type of tap.

I've got both types on two different fridges and each works as good as the other.

Go to the Andale site for pictures and their catalogue, or better still, ask someone to come and help you !

Pic as promised

thanx sully, ur a champ mate. shows exactly what i need.
just to clarify, everything to the left of the gold is outside the fridge and the gold is in the door fitted off with a nut on the inside. is this right?

A lot of people use that type of tap as Sully says, you just need the correct anchoring points. If you were buying / starting from stratch, there is a one piece fridge tap unit (can't find a photo but they are regularly advertised on eBay) that is easier to install and pretty much the default choice now for that type of tap.

I've got both types on two different fridges and each works as good as the other.

Go to the Andale site for pictures and their catalogue, or better still, ask someone to come and help you !

i do no the ones ur talkin bout, my brothers got em on his fridge. but seeing ive already got the other style tap, i may as well use it. plus it has attachment for beer badge, dont think other type does.
ill give andale a go.
r u offerin to come down from nsw and help when ive got all the bits :D

thanx sully, ur a champ mate. shows exactly what i need.
just to clarify, everything to the left of the gold is outside the fridge and the gold is in the door fitted off with a nut on the inside. is this right?

No probs

Yep, thats it.

to make it a bit more classy looking, get one of those chrome disks they use behind the shower head where it comes out of the wall, and use that between the nut on the shank and fridge. cuppla bucks from bunnings and it finishes it off just a bit nicer.

:icon_cheers:

Cheers

Sully

Latest posts

Back