Tanglehead Brewery - What Happened?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes both this year's offering and last year's.

i found last year's to be better, this year's is a bit cloying? and i remember last year's to have more spice? tho i've got another bottle so i'm going to revisit it.

Cheers Rob.

yep, it is definitely better after 6 months or so
we are going to brew this year's one in July and let it condition properly before we sell it at Xmas.
like most of our beers, we tweak the recipe a little bit each time we brew. Only problem with the Xmas ale (and the barleywine) is that it only happens once every 12 months!

thanks for the feedback

Hi Katie slightly OT but I think you should tell the moderators that you are quite clearly not a partial man as the label under your avatar states :icon_cheers:

MMMM I feel a Clancy session coming on... They have (xmas ale) it in 750ml bottles..... finish of the day with some mulled wine! PERFECT

Limeburner's stout is pretty stellar off tap at the moment so if you find yourself there let me know and I'll sally on down. Though dare I say it, a limeburner cut half & half with a nail ale is pretty damned good too..

Limeburner's stout is pretty stellar off tap at the moment so if you find yourself there let me know and I'll sally on down. Though dare I say it, a limeburner cut half & half with a nail ale is pretty damned good too..

more kegs on the way!

An alternate strategy - cut it thirds with Nail Stout and Coopers Special Old (aka 3yo forgotten cellar stash) Stout. I'd definately be in for that.

more kegs on the way!

Bring on the longnecks ;)

An alternate strategy - cut it thirds with Nail Stout and Coopers Special Old (aka 3yo forgotten cellar stash) Stout. I'd definately be in for that.

Bring on the longnecks ;)

aged coopers stout.... another stellar drop. not sure i could bring myself to use something so rare on a three-way blend though.

quick update

just got back from a weekend down in albany and went back to tanglehead. had the pale ale - awesome, very well balanced malt/hop profile. had the limeburners stout, nice again. southern white ale - always good, this time though it was a little "thinner"...still ok but not quite a true hefe. then went to ttry the IPA - all gone, none left!!!

so well done tanglehead, getting better again, just make sure you brew more IPA next time Al!!!!

quick update

just got back from a weekend down in albany and went back to tanglehead. had the pale ale - awesome, very well balanced malt/hop profile. had the limeburners stout, nice again. southern white ale - always good, this time though it was a little "thinner"...still ok but not quite a true hefe. then went to ttry the IPA - all gone, none left!!!

so well done tanglehead, getting better again, just make sure you brew more IPA next time Al!!!!

thanks,

we've had to change malt suppliers due to the gas explosion up north, so please be patient with us whilst we tweak some of our beer recipes to suit the new malt.

Allan

PS, had a few beers last night at the local Taphouse in St Kilda, nice setup, nice range of tap and bottled beer and great food...well done Steve!

Back