Taking Notes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellar dweller

Reaction score
Been searching around ahb but cant find what I'm looking for.......
Has anybody done a spreadsheet that will allow me to record my brews? Or even a type of tasting notes form?
I am only doing Kits at the moment so something simple would be good.

i got some freeware called Homebrew Kit Master, but I've stuck with good old Notepad.exe - it really does everything I need,

I've recently realised that I don't pay enough attention when I ferment. So I wrote a log sheet for my fermentations. I have been using a log sheet for my mash for some time. I also have a little tasting sheet that lives in the front of my beer journal - sometimes I take it with me to microbreweries and make a right twat of myself taking notes while I taste... here they all are in case you find them useful

Tasting sheet (formatted to fit 2 per A4 page)

View attachment Beer_Journal_Tasting_Sheet__for_PDA_.doc

Brew/Mash Log

View attachment Brewing_Session_Log_sheet.doc

Fermentation log

View attachment Fermentation_Log_v1.0.doc

They are works in progress and a designed for the way I brew... but they might be useful to you

TB

I have the Cascade one that Cube linked to.....but have ammended it with some more fields for spec grain, and hops, and a cost breakdown for comparison to megaswill.

View attachment 22747

Open Office spreadsheet on the Mac. I leave it open all the time and update it as i need.
I should format it a little better as i have made comments in the wrong cells etc. but it gives me what i need.
Beer type, fermentable sugars and malt ratio, date pitched, temps,SG FG and any racked or not, date bottled.

Latest posts

Back