Take-Aways

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
I think my biggest/only issue with kegging is take-aways.. I do growlers for most events, mini-kegs for decent sessions away from home, but sometimes I just want a roadie...

I picked up these for their intended purpose

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5x-STAINLESS-STEEL-750ml-ECO-BOTTLE-BPA-FREE-FREIGHT-WATER-SPORTS-DRINK-NEW-GYM-/171043287121?pt=AU_Exercise_Accessories&hash=item27d2f97051

but as they're stainless and kind of look like a tiny keg, I couldn't help myself and filled one with a beer to test.

Initial results are that it drinks well, perfect for a roadie, I'm yet to test how they travel/seal over distance and if they hold carbonation over a day or two...

I wonder if the 'Minister' will pick up on my new hydration habit....

spring loaded flip top so 1 handed operation,

just a hole and breather hole and a bit of a cup-like rim to drink from... silicon bungs mounted to flip top do the sealing

can't post pics at work but I'll do so later.

Thanks for the description - better than a pic

Thanks DU99 for pointing out the vid

yeah I couldn't tell by the video what the cap was going to be like, but at the price I took a punt.

as a water bottle, super happy. second purpose is a bonus.

If you pre-chilled it before you put your beer in it then you would be well on your way to it holding up atleast for a couple of hours.

pokolbinguy said:
If you pre-chilled it before you put your beer in it then you would be well on your way to it holding up atleast for a couple of hours.
each bottle comes with a neoprene cover and i managed to slide a regular stubby cooler over it too...

I don't think there's much (if any) thermal mass in the bottle itself, probably only 1mm thick stainless..

got some pics organised. too lazy to go out to the shed tonight and fill one with beer for a 'Keeping Carbonation' test.. but my main purpose will be to fill one just prior to heading out as a roadie..

OT. I don't think i've posted pics since AHB's rebirth.. do I have to host externally (photobucket etc) now? can't figure it out, it used to be easy to upload from my puter. is there a how to?

Well, I gotta say as a water bottle, these make a great take-away beer container...

I went to a couple of bbq's on the weekend, went on a 1 hour bushwalk with one in my pocket, and they performed really well, they never popped a lid from pressure build-up, and they seem to seal really well as you get that satisfying 'psshttt' when you open it..

the flip top sports lid seems better than the screw lid though, screw lid was a bit like a champagne cork when i opened it, it popped quite a lot and a little fizz over, sports top no issues whatsoever, except for the missus trying to find a drink of water...

one happy customer with this purchase.

Latest posts

Back