Sydney Winter Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
Played golf last Tuesday with one of the owners of The Banjo Patterson pub, home to the new micro installed by Chuck Hahn & his mob. They were telling me there will be samples of their Pale Ale at the Sydney Winter Festival http://www.winterfestival.com.au/
It didn't get a mention on the website, but if you are around that way this weekend keep an eye out for it.
Cheers
Gerard

This will be a very welcome addition to the beer choice in Jindy - which has always been pretty ordinary. One tap of JS Amber in the pub, (which was broken down last time we visited a month or so ago), and Coopers Pale at the Banjo and that has been about it. Having a micro will be great. I've got a 3 day weekend booked with the boys from work early august. Not sure what I'm looking forward to more. The beer or the skiing........

Cheers for the heads up Gerard, I might put a kink in my journey to suss it out.

Cheers for the heads up Gerard, I might put a kink in my journey to suss it out.

Knowing you guys, i doubt you'll arrive at the destination!

Scotty

Knowing you guys, i doubt you'll arrive at the destination!

Scotty

Just because it is winter doesn't mean I am a beerflake! I resent your accusation Scotty.

You can make it up to me later.

And that I was spruking 5IB wares thursday night... tsk tsk tsk.

Spent a night at the Banjo a few weeks ago with 6 mates. Chucks new creation was very nice. One comment next morning was that it was too nice !!! Certainly adds a decent beer choice to Jindy, which was a bit lacking.

We also stumbled across the Guthega Alpine Hotel the same weekend. Some very nice bottled beers stocked. Throw in the James Squire collection at the Sundeck and you have the making of a good weekend. (skiing wasn't bad either....)

Latest posts

Back