Sydney 2007 Bjcp "course"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent news Trev! :beer:

Tuesday's fine - I'm in - that's 6 so far. :excl:

After a bit of chopping and changing because of some work committments I've had, I'd like to have our fist get-together on Tuesday, 1st May. This is a bit later than I had previously said and I'm sorry for the confusion.

I'd like us all to meet in the foyer at 207 Kent St Sydney on that evening at 6:00pm. The building security changes over from then on and I'll have to bring you all upstairs using my pass.

Late starters can call me on the mobile etc.

Anyway, can you send me a PM with your contact details so I can get a distribution list running and discuss some Logistics.

At this stage I believe the participants are:
Crozdog
Floppinab
Mikem108
Redbeard
Stuster
Oldbugman
Linz(?)
Littlesquares(?)

I'm also hoping that on this fist session that Andrew, the convenor of the last course will also be able to attend and give everybody his own take on the course, the process and what to do next.

Trev

hrmph. someone needs to organise one of these here in the West. I'd love to do it :(

I'm now keen Trev if you can squeeze me in.

Cheers

Shonky

ps I'll PM you my email

Trev,

Mell and I will prolly be there for the first meeting, but with new work commitments coming up I can't guarantee we'll be there till the end

BUMP

This kicks off tomorrow! Bring it on.

Trev, is #207 the Maritime trade building?

ohh

I might be either late or absent from the first one is this going to be a problem?

croz,
207 is the shorter of the 2 towers, the northerly one.

oldbugman
if you're running a bit late just give me acall on the mobile (I'll pm if you haven't got it).

Generally it would be good if everybody can make every session, but in practice it ain't going to happen with work, family etc. So if anybody misses a session then they can just catch up on it in their own time, or maybe give one of the other partcipants a call to discuss what we covered etc.

See you all then,
6:00pm

I'll be bringing some commercial light lagers as the 'practical'. If anybody wants to bring their own version, even better.

Trev

This flu I've got is kicking my arse at the moment, don't think I 'd be able to taste anything anyway so will have to sit this one out :(

I'd like us all to meet in the foyer at 207 Kent St Sydney on that evening at 6:00pm.

207 or 201 ? :blink: I'll forgive you Trev, as you are generously hosting. :lol:

Floppinab & Oldbugman - are youse still interested ? next meet is 29th may.
hopefulyl Mike will have got over the flu by them. try several whiskey nightcaps :chug: B)

cheers

Good first meeting (except for Trev forgetting where he works :ph34r: ).

Looks like we're all going to be learning a heap of stuff about the technical aspects of brewing and tasting. :chug:

Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully the stragglers can make it along next time. :super:

Trev thanks for aranging the 1st meeting.

Linz & Mel, where did you end up? We missed you.

Guys, have a look on http://www.bjcp.org/cep/ for some info on malting, hops, yeast & water which may be of use for some of the theory elements.

crozdog

How long did the night end up going for?

I finished work over at pyrmont at 7:30pm, so I thought it'd be 8pm by the time I'd get there. so I went home.

We finished up about 8:15 so that was probably the right choice. Hope you can make it along next time.

Next one is on my Bday, 29th, so I'll have to convince the misses to let me go and then have a dinner in the city after.

Next one is on my Bday, 25th, so I'll have to convince the misses to let me go and then have a dinner in the city after.

It's actually the 29th so you should be right. Probably easier that way. :rolleyes:

Trev thanks for aranging the 1st meeting.

Linz & Mel, where did you end up? We missed you.

Guys, have a look on http://www.bjcp.org/cep/ for some info on malting, hops, yeast & water which may be of use for some of the theory elements.

crozdog

We've decided that with the change of job then the ensuing shift work it would be better not to drop out half way, so sitting it out. Suppose it would have been more polite to ring Trev and inform him :unsure:

Linz,Mel

We decide that irrespective of those commitments, you'll each be giving one of the subjects at one of the meetings :D

I'm hoping to get at least one of the current BJCP folks along as a guest at each of the meetings.

Who's up for the 29th?

Trev (who actually works at 201 Kent St but used to work at 207 Kent St)

Well that serves me right for not following this thread closely enough. As it turns out I couldn't make the 1st anyway. However the 29th is now locked in my diary and nothing will displace it.

Phil or Stu any chance for a quick phone call to discuss a bit about what you did at the last one. PM if you can please.

Gav.

Latest posts

Back