Sydney 2007 Ahb Crawl "the Day After"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I helped Trev with some photos. Trev, the "guys walking down the street" shot was after they were disgusted (or at least disappointerd ) to find the at the Riverwood had run out of ESB.

Heck, I even carried the camera for a while, between the Welcome and the Town Hall.

Trev?

Seth out :p

I remember the hoppy crackenback pale & the nice erdinger at the sackville and Trev taking fotos with his gnome hat (!), the biscuit beer & the bulmers at the welcome, the no-chips barmaid at the town hall, nice little creatures pale at the royal oak (& the huge burgers some had), the hoe keg runnning out at the london & Gerards better halves wondering what they got into. we skipped the commercial to catch the ferry, then spent 15mins waiting for it. then got our $5.20 worth via several loops of the harbour until we got to circular quay. i think a few bretheren debarked early at darling harbour & went for james squires. the rest went for the Lowenbrau. being confident & just walking straight past the bouncer seemed the go for entry ;-) overall a great day, great beers & great conversation.

(thou i still dont understand why hopeye was trying to convince Gerard to brew & import beers into china ...)

edit - i missed the monkey bar, where the redoak pale ale was sampled ...

I too am interested to see some pics from the day. Sounds like all had a blast. I bet a few hip pockets came away with a bruise or two. Wish I could have made it.

Cheers

HK

No one take any pics on the day?

Cheers Ross

Heres a couple

Trev.... AHB2007crawl_003.jpg

Dodgy pic of the Sackville...AHB2007crawl_010.jpg

Outside THAT pub where 'blondie' learnt the 'Trade'AHB2007crawl_017.jpg

Mods might want to trim the pics down a touch to save the dial ups......

Did somebody catch Mel after the last photo was taken?
Looks like she was about to fall over!

I heard that the local cops were trailling a bunch of drunks :party: (beer lovers sorry) but they skipped out of the area on a ferry ;)

Next time...

I heard that the local cops were trailling a bunch of drunks :party: (beer lovers sorry) but they skipped out of the area on a ferry ;)

Next time...

You shouldn't have been trying to catch up with us while on duty :p

Doc

(thou i still dont understand why hopeye was trying to convince Gerard to brew & import beers into china ...)

I think it could be a good move. I just need to learn how to say "wannabuyawortkit" in Cantonese & Mandarin! Might first try some of the Chinese supermarkets in Eastwood :p

Cheers
Gerard

I think it could be a good move. I just need to learn how to say "wannabuyawortkit" in Cantonese & Mandarin! Might first try some of the Chinese supermarkets in Eastwood :p

Cheers
Gerard

Hmm, $2 kits at Go-Lo and Hot Dollar?

Cheers
Gerard

Korean might be better in Eastwood - try this 당신은 신선한 풀 장비를 사고 싶은가 하고자 했는가?

:super:

Pretty close i reckon!!

DK

With great difficulty!

Just got my mate to read it. Apparently i am asking "if they are fresh, and would they buy equipment which releases under boil" !

Back to the books for me!

Dreadfully sorry if I offended anyone on the crawl.

It was a great day.

Thanks Guys. :beerbang:

Hopeye, not again! What was worth apologising for this time?
Apart from asking me and Stu to wake you up at your stop, and then you didn't even make it to the train. Not the one we were on anyway.
Mate, you were throwing money around at the Belgian. Don't know what happened when you said that you paid for 8 Trippels but they only poured 5. I enjoyed mine, thanks.

BTW, did I look like a bikie on the day, or was it just the guy at the pub back in Newcastle that made the mistake?
At about 2:30 AM, I was accosted by some looney with the top of his head shaved and a fine mullet left flowing in the back, purporting to be the Sergeant-at-arms of a local bike "club". I was advised to pass on a message that if other clubs want to talk to him, they should see him in person. Something about going to Sydney and pulling clubhouses apart bolt by bolt and how easy it is to put a bullet into a gun etc. Meanwhile the bouncers just looked on at this guy poking me in the chest and verbally harassing me.
Yes, a very serious man, yet somehow a joke. Not the sort of thing that earns my respect. I think that he should check his medication.

It was a long day. :rolleyes:

Seth :p

Back