Syd - Malt Master Class With Thomas Kraus-Weyermann

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would love to attend the Malt Master Class with Thomas Kraus-Weyermann

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Please could you add Col from The Brew Shop.

ESB wise we will only be 1 P short and will Barry reach his goal of being B1?

P1

Bumping this thread for last minute attendees.

Do we just rock up to the pub or PM the OP for registration?

Bumping this thread for last minute attendees.

Do we just rock up to the pub or PM the OP for registration?

Just rock up.
No registration required.
Drew just wanted an indication of numbers.

See you all tomorrow night.

Doc

Folks,

I can highly recommend this - we had Thomas speaking last night and it was very informative... no spoilers :)

Andy

Yep get on board Sydney-siders - Thomas's session in Melb last night was a rare and valuable insight into a major component of our craft.

Can somebody record it for the Northerners, as our appointee in NZ didn't?

The powerpoint display is really at the heart of the presentation. It would certainly be worth videoing - at the time I only had my little kodak camera however. As well as being half rat arsed on IPA :icon_drunk:
It would be incredible if Weyermann could put up a display on their site, although a mass of information and history is already up there.

Just talking with Drew.
He has cleaned up the hand-pull and will have it in action tonight.
What will be on the beer engine ??

See you there tonight.

Doc

Thanks to Drew, Doc, Cryers & Weyermann for tonights event. Very informative and also a pleasant get together for Syd homebrewers. Weyermanns has some new malts, including 2 belgian style and a floor malted czech pils, which Cryers should have local stock of. The descriptions of the Carared, Carafa, Caramunich, Carahell in the slide deck were well received. Thanks to the Maq for the location & finger food. Also nice beers on tap Drew :)

cheers

Yes thanks to all concerned, very informative and great to drink the SS again.

It was a top night. Learnt some new stuff, got some inspiration for new beers and enjoyed hanging with homebrewers.
The winner of the Weyermann Almanac is a lucky brewer. I see it sells for US$ 129.00 + US$ 20.00.
Had a quick browse of the one Thomas had their last night, and Horst Dornbusch has done his usual great job. Forgot to look if there was a recipe for Gose in it though :p

Doc

I went to one at the Malt Shovel tonigh, did you guys get a handout last night? Had something similar to the powerpoint in writing, and a free pen and bottle opener :icon_cheers:

I went to one at the Malt Shovel tonigh, did you guys get a handout last night? Had something similar to the powerpoint in writing, and a free pen and bottle opener :icon_cheers:
Was some pens, bottle openers and samples up on the table for anyone that wanted them.

I have been sick since Saturday with the worst head flu , have been in Zombie mode for days now . so pissed off I could not go, was looking forward to it too.

Pumpy :(

Back