SW WA brew trip advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droid

somewhere on the slippery slope with a beer in han
Reaction score
hello peeps

will be in Mandurah then heading to Albany along the coast

any must go places along the way for beer?

Plenty along the way. My favourites to visit in no certain order

Eagle Bay Brewing
Colonial Brewing
Bootleg Brewing
Cheeky Monkey

There is also Cape Bouveard in Mandurah but I haven't been there before.

Boston Brewery in Denmark is pretty good too and while your in Albany you can't go past The Great Southern Distillery if you like whiskey. They make some kick ass single malts as well as bourbon.

Pourhouse in Dunsborough is also good if you cant get to all the breweries in the area.

+1 for Pourhouse, they seem to get hold of some great imported kegs that I havnt seen elsewhere. Plus they have all the local brews of course.

Eagle bay is a nice place to sit and have a beer, great environment. Cheeky Monkey is another favourite.

<edit> Cape bouvard brewery

WitWonder said:
Went here at easter time, would not go back. Tried a few beers including the wheat, vienna lager and one other I can't recall, all were pretty ordinary. Coupled with the old couple who were running the place (I assume they owned it) looking absolutely miserable - like they were doing you a favour by taking your order and the old bloke "Phil In" on the electronic keyboard & vocals playing an eclectic mix of shit music made it all the more unpleasant. About the only redeeming feature was the lawn/grounds where you could kick a footy and the kids could run around.

^interesting post

They got a bronze medal for the Vienna and the blonde ale as well as a silver for their harvest celebration ale at some decent comps

droid said:
^interesting post

They got a bronze medal for the Vienna and the blonde ale as well as a silver for their harvest celebration ale at some decent comps
VB gets Bronze medals........what's ya ******* point.

Isnt the point obvious orr do I need to throw in an expletive?

The ******* website promises a much different experience shock horror

Which makes the negative post interesting

******* happy now mate?

Back