Sunshine Coast Flooding

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
I hope none of the Sunshine Coast (inappropiate name for today) QLD Brewerhood members are getting flooded out.

I hope none of the Sunshine Coast (inappropiate name for today) QLD Brewerhood members are getting flooded out.

No major dramas at Noosa as yet, few dirty roads, few branches down, and the river is higher than usual. Of course, if we do flood, my 1st floor apartment might just be waterfront..... :ph34r:

:D That being said, the river is only a hundred or so metres from our car... so if the banks do overflow, getting out and getting to work could be an issue....

Some minor flooding around my area, we are fine but a new suburb to the west of us "Creek Woods" is more creek than woods. However Batz hasn't checked in, I heard on the radio that Noosa - Boreen, Noosa - Cooroy and Cooroy - Kin Kin roads were all cut and that there were some SES rescues going on at Kin Kin. Hope all is well, he's high and dry but might be isolated, might have to live on beer for a few days.

Edit: Sepeling

Oh crap, just found out that Noosa river (100m from our door) which is already nearly full, is expecting a high tide at 5:30.... I should be home before then, but it's not looking good...

Oh crap, just found out that Noosa river (100m from our door) which is already nearly full, is expecting a high tide at 5:30.... I should be home before then, but it's not looking good...

Leave work NOW and get the fishing rods all set up! :beerbang:

seriously hope everyones ok tho.

Nick, get home early and make sure all the beer is on level one with you, full moon is still 4 days away and a high apogee so tides should be slight. Maroochy, Noosa and Mary rivers are all officially in flood. Someone/organisation is taking pains to inform the public that the proposed Traveston dam catchment has received little rain. :D

Official Rainfall Maroochydore for 24 hrs taken at 9am.

22/08/07 39.6mm
23/08/07 27mm
24/08/07 192.2mm
24/08/07 9.00am to 3.48pm 44mm

Total 302.8mm still raining

I heard on the radio that its been the wettest 24hrs on record for the coast ?

Official Rainfall Maroochydore for 24 hrs taken at 9am.

22/08/07 39.6mm
23/08/07 27mm
24/08/07 192.2mm
24/08/07 9.00am to 3.48pm 44mm

Total 302.8mm still raining

Looks like the BOM is quoting 419mm for Noosa in the past 7 days, and raining heavier than ever. At least the balcony is a few metres from ground level...running low on beer stocks though :blink:

Are you high and dry Ratchie?

Sounds like Coolum Brewer is ok. Monkale is at Mapleton so he should be right, probably no work though. InCider's at Landsborough on a hill but everything in the Lambic production area (aka Manshed) is probably wet, some new funky flavours in a few months time, the wet horse aroma could actually be "Wet Horse" :D

Looks like the BOM is quoting 419mm for Noosa in the past 7 days, and raining heavier than ever. At least the balcony is a few metres from ground level...running low on beer stocks though :blink:

Nick, Dan Murphys is not far call in on the way home to stock up, you could be indoors for a while :lol:

I'm high and dry on the side of a hill 2klms up hill from the hospital on the way to Mapleton,thanks Screwtop.

Are you high and dry Ratchie?

Sounds like Coolum Brewer is ok. Monkale is at Mapleton so he should be right, probably no work though. InCider's at Landsborough on a hill but everything in the Lambic production area (aka Manshed) is probably wet, some new funky flavours in a few months time, the wet horse aroma could actually be "Wet Horse" :D
Nick, Dan Murphys is not far call in on the way home to stock up, you could be indoors for a while :lol:

I'll manage! I've got a six pack of Pilsner Urquell already in the fridge, and some of the case swap beers as well.... Just got to hope that all is well later on, as I have to go and pick up the girlfriend from work at 10:30.... :blink:

Maybe she can swim home.... :ph34r:

And I've been indoors all bloody week...to think I was at the beach on Monday!

UPDATE: Went for a run in the rain over the road to the river, and we've got about 10 or 20 cm before the bank is underwater..... Bracing myself!

InCider's at Landsborough on a hill but everything in the Lambic production area (aka Manshed) is probably wet, some new funky flavours in a few months time, the wet horse aroma could actually be "Wet Horse"

So bloody wet I have to wear thongs to the outside beer fridge - and it's undercover.

So bloody wet there is and inch of water in parts of the shed. :(

So bloody wet I let a 19 year old girl drive me home from Kawana after work in a short skirt. :wub:

So bloody dry when I got to the pub I had a VB. :ph34r:

I hope everybody is well and keeping up their fluids in this time of crisis.

InCider

So bloody wet I have to wear thongs to the outside beer fridge - and it's undercover.

So bloody wet there is and inch of water in parts of the shed. :(

So bloody wet I let a 19 year old girl drive me home from Kawana after work in a short skirt. :wub:

So bloody dry when I got to the pub I had a VB. :ph34r:

I hope everybody is well and keeping up their fluids in this time of crisis.

InCider

You'd look good in a short skirt :blink:

Glad your not swimming.

Cheers
Andrew

You'd look good in a short skirt :blink:

Glad your not swimming.

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks for the vote of confidence Andrew. I do have 'body issues', especially regarding my weight. I am sensitive about the fact that I am not the most attractive filly in the paddock, but that's just genetics isn't it?

Itsallaboutme.jpg

Thanks for the vote of confidence Andrew. I do have 'body issues', especially regarding my weight. I am sensitive about the fact that I am not the most attractive filly in the paddock, but that's just genetics isn't it?

Itsallaboutme.jpg

Next thing you'll be blaming the Lambic Brews :lol:

Glad to see that everyone is O.K. at the moment.

Trying to get the image of Incider in a short skirt out of my head tho.

Incider: You'd probably be able to get into the House of Lords, which may be better than local government. Still, Tamarra Tonight ran for Lord Mayor in Brisbane so who knows ?

Back