Sunshine Coast Flooding

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official Rainfall Maroochydore for 24 hrs taken at 9am.

22/08/07 39.6mm
23/08/07 27mm
24/08/07 192.2mm
24/08/07 9.00am to 3.48pm 44mm

Total 302.8mm still raining

MMM it must be nice to get a little rain :angry: We can't even water our gardens because of water restrictions. May even have to stop brewing over spring :angry: Seriously though if it rains much more up there you may have to catch the first available ark back here :eek:

BYB

MMM it must be nice to get a little rain :angry: We can't even water our gardens because of water restrictions. May even have to stop brewing over spring :angry: Seriously though if it rains much more up there you may have to catch the first available ark back here :eek:

BYB

You blokes are never satisfied, I bought rain with me last April, rained at Lightning Ridge while there then White Cliffs and Broken Hill, began to pi-iss down as we crossed the border into SA, rained in McLaren Vale and the entire two weeks I was camped in your back yard and continued until we left SA, just about 4 weeks of rain! Now you want more?

You guys will have to cut back on your brewing or better manage your water resources. Nah, come to think of it the water didn't taste all that good, better off turning it into beer.

Rain has stopped this morning, still very overcast. Seas must be big I can hear the surf, guess the mad keen board riders will be out today if it doesn't blow out.

Still nothing from Batz, maybe power or communications have been cut.

Went for a walk this morning with my little princess to survey the damage. Shed is very wet, branches down in the paddocks, palm fronds down everywhere, the horse has got the sh*ts and is tearing up the ground, the causeway up the road is still under 2 inches fast water and my mulch is blown everywhere.

I'll be thirsty by the end of today!

How's everybody else? Nick, did the river breach or are you waiting for the high tide?

Sean.

Yep it sure has been wet. I did a brew yesterday and with all the moisture in the air combined with having to have the roller door to the brewery closed and the rain trying to make its way down the kettle flue it ended up feeling as though it was raining in the brewery as well. There was water dripping from the roof all over the place ! I then found after leaving work that the road from the brewery was closed and so were many others . My 2hr20min drive to Toowoomba ended up taking 3hr 20min :( But I got home to find that Sandra had cooked me a roast that I could wash down with a pint of bitter :) .... and as a side, Toowoomba (in desperate need of water) has had about 1% of the rain that the coast has recieved. Good thing our relocation to the coast is not too far away.

From the start of the rain on Tuesday night until half an hour ago my rain gauge at Wurtulla recorded 337mm.
Lots of sand gone from the beach as well.
All starting to fine up now so we have probably seen the last of the wet weather for a while.

:beer:

From the start of the rain on Tuesday night until half an hour ago my rain gauge at Wurtulla recorded 337mm.
Lots of sand gone from the beach as well.
All starting to fine up now so we have probably seen the last of the wet weather for a while.

Just gone sunny here Pete! Hope you've got it as well :)

How much sand has gone from the beach? Has it moved up or down the beach?

InCider.

Went for a walk this morning with my little princess to survey the damage. Shed is very wet, branches down in the paddocks, palm fronds down everywhere, the horse has got the sh*ts and is tearing up the ground, the causeway up the road is still under 2 inches fast water and my mulch is blown everywhere.

I'll be thirsty by the end of today!

How's everybody else? Nick, did the river breach or are you waiting for the high tide?

Sean.

Just went over for a wander. Still lapping at the road... Guess if we're expecting another high tide tonight, I'll bet the road might cop it.... We'll have to wait and see. At leas I've seen some sunshine today!

edit: Woot! 100 posts without even noticing!

Just gone sunny here Pete! Hope you've got it as well :)

How much sand has gone from the beach? Has it moved up or down the beach?

InCider.

Only a bit over a 11/2 metres gone in front of my place which seems to be more affected than further up the beach. Have seen it a lot worse. The sand always moves up the beach with the northerly sweep.
The rain still seems to be rattling down up Maleny/Montville way.

Latest posts

Back