• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Sunshine Coast Babbs Bitter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Anyone have any specs on this beer?

:icon_cheers:

Paul

That is all we were told (should I say wasn't listening or didn't ask the open question at the right time. Too much Rye ESB!!!). As a matter of fact I didn't even take an O.G. I just pulled a litre out of the cube and built a starter for my Wyeast 1332 Northwest Ale and chucked it in. Coming along nicely - a little sweet at the moment but I'll use the slurry for an American Amber which I cubed today.

My OG was 1046 if that helps Paul.

My OG was 1046 if that helps Paul.
That's pretty much what mine was. I read it as 1047 or 1046.
I'm sure we can get the specs from them though.
We'll make Ross chase it up :)

Went through the time consuming task of making mine this weekend.
Smacked the 3711 yeast pack, sanitised a fermenter, poured in the wort, added the yeast, put it in the fridge.

It was hard work. I needed a beer after that.

Howzit all, just drinking my first pint of this beer after filtering it last night. Fermented with Wyeast 1335 (British Ale II) at 20C and had a FG of 1010. Its tasting pretty good. Very nice easy drinking beer which in my opinion is very well balanced. My favorite club beer yet. Cant wait to taste the others.

Pacman is currently chomping its way threw mine. Had a taste after day 3 of ferment. This is a great project and have already taken notes.
How did the bitterness end up Johann?

Cheers Brad

That's pretty much what mine was. I read it as 1047 or 1046.
I'm sure we can get the specs from them though.
We'll make Ross chase it up :)

Went through the time consuming task of making mine this weekend.
Smacked the 3711 yeast pack, sanitised a fermenter, poured in the wort, added the yeast, put it in the fridge.

It was hard work. I needed a beer after that.

Ha, I'd considered using that.
Mine was TV11 (it pays to get in early) OG 1046 - FG 1009, temp range 18-20 C, filtered and ready to rock. Seems like a good sessional.

Looks like this topic needs to be moved.

Back