Sunny Coast Beer Tasting - Best Of British

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shed101

Beer Dog
Reaction score
It's on again :icon_cheers:

This time British beers, and the typically generous helpings that Purple Palate offers.

Finbar's pub, Bicentenary Lane, Maleny QLD 4552 (map)
Sat, May 21, 2pm 5pm (ish)

$30 for samples of ~8 beers (various British breweries) with pizza and peppers on the side.

Booking essential - call Purple Palate on 07 5494 2499 or email [email protected]

Awesome event, highly recommended! :party:

If I can con the missus into driving back, I might get up to the next one.
How did the adult diaper preform by the way?

Edit: I was thinking that a urine drainage bag might be a better way to avoid unnecessary toilet trips getting in the way of drinking at events/festivals.

Sheddo, is there a bus service up from Landsboro' station or what's the taxi worth? If so I could have made yesterday's as I didn't work for a change. Bugger missed the original post <_<

Edit: checked Translink, yes there is a bus gets me in about 1 pm. Takes about 4 hours to get from Bribie Island. Hellloooo I can walk to the end of the street with my binoculars and frign well SEEEE Maleny :huh:
The wonders of living in the 21st Century hey.

Sheddo, is there a bus service up from Landsboro' station or what's the taxi worth? If so I could have made yesterday's as I didn't work for a change. Bugger missed the original post <_<

Edit: checked Translink, yes there is a bus gets me in about 1 pm. Takes about 4 hours to get from Bribie Island. Hellloooo I can walk to the end of the street with my binoculars and frign well SEEEE Maleny :huh:
The wonders of living in the 21st Century hey.

Next one is probably going to be 2nd July. Won't be English beers this time, though.

There's a train to Landsborough and should be room in the car from there :icon_cheers:

Awesome event, highly recommended! :party:

Good to have you there ... I must say you were unusually well-behaved :drinks:

... I wonder what time Screwy made it to his caravan, and if he needed a boat to get to it.

Good to have you there ... I must say you were unusually well-behaved :drinks:

... I wonder what time Screwy made it to his caravan, and if he needed a boat to get to it.

I got home, and when left to babysit proceeded to drink all the wine in the house, then ciders.... ooh my head hurts... :lol:

Bribie, I can come and grab you from the Station for the next one if you like.

Thanks, haven't been to Landsbro for years :rolleyes: I reckon we should drag Pete along as well, he's a public transport fan when it comes to pissups.

Ohhh yeah, played up like a second hand lawnmower. Andrew is generous with the pours, good to catch up with Shed, InCider, Lyall and meet Dave and some new brewers.

The Irish Pizza cook - John, gave me a lift to the Van. I arrived with a half dozen LC Single Batch and Schlenkerla Rauchbier in a box, tried but couldn't finish a whole bottle, woke for a leak about 3am in a very confused state :lol: Ratchet on the rollout awning is fixed, back home for a nice lie down!

Screwy

Thanks, haven't been to Landsbro for years :rolleyes: I reckon we should drag Pete along as well, he's a public transport fan when it comes to pissups.

Nothing has changed in Landsborough, including underpants!

Pete will have to come!
I reckon Terri won't have to wait for as long in the car for him to get the bus back down the hill from Maleny as opposed to Brisbland. I'll drop over and see him during the week and work on him for the next one.. and see if Andrew at Finbar's does pensioner discounts :rolleyes:

Ohhh yeah, played up like a second hand lawnmower. Andrew is generous with the pours, good to catch up with Shed, InCider, Lyall and meet Dave and some new brewers.

The Irish Pizza cook - John, gave me a lift to the Van. I arrived with a half dozen LC Single Batch and Schlenkerla Rauchbier in a box, tried but couldn't finish a whole bottle, woke for a leak about 3am in a very confused state :lol: Ratchet on the rollout awning is fixed, back home for a nice lie down!

Screwy

Lovely, lovely beers! I'll have to try that scribbly gum again... still couldn't task the smoke or pork.... :icon_cheers:

Nothing has changed in Landsborough, including underpants!

Pete will have to come!
I reckon Terri won't have to wait for as long in the car for him to get the bus back down the hill from Maleny as opposed to Brisbland. I'll drop over and see him during the week and work on him for the next one.. and see if Andrew at Finbar's does pensioner discounts :rolleyes:

Lovely, lovely beers! I'll have to try that scribbly gum again... still couldn't task the smoke or pork.... :icon_cheers:

You've probably caught some bug from one of your beers :lol:

Screwy

Great job on the tasting Shed! :beer:

Apart from the drinking of lovely ales, I found it quite informative and well presented. Would loved to have stayed longer, however my driver wanted a drink herself :D She suggested next time we stay up there so driving isn't an issue. Bless her :wub:

Was good meeting you all. Looking forward to the next one!

Latest posts

Back