Sunshine Coast Hinterland Beer Tasting Event

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shed101

Beer Dog
Reaction score
OK you Sunny Coast lot, get your bums up the Blackall Range on 26 Feb for a good value afternoon of kiwi beers:

Finbar's pub, Bicentenary Lane, Maleny QLD 4552 (map)
Sat, February 26, 2pm 5pm

$30 for 10 samples from Mac's and Moa, with snacks provided.

Booking essential - call Purple Palate on 07 5494 2499 or email [email protected]

OK you Sunny Coast lot, get your bums up the Blackall Range on 26 Feb for a good value afternoon of kiwi beers:

Finbar's pub, Bicentenary Lane, Maleny QLD 4552 (map)
Sat, February 26, 2pm 5pm

$30 for 10 samples from Mac's and Moa, with snacks provided.

Booking essential - call Purple Palate on 07 5494 2499 or email [email protected]

Are you the driver then
sav

Is enough interest that we could organise a 10 seater van plus driver from Caloundra?

Sounds good. Might even be able to get the bus up AND back!

Sounds good. Might even be able to get the bus up AND back!

Don't think the times for the bus work all that well ... however, I will have room in THE BENCH for one Incider and one Sav.

If you want the lift make sure you ring Purple Palate (number above) and book a place and let me know. :icon_cheers:

Sorry Sheddy can't make this one, will be in Bris. The last one was fantastic and great value!

Screwy

Sorry Sheddy can't make this one, will be in Bris. The last one was fantastic and great value!

Screwy
Archive Screwy?
This sounds like a good one chaps, enjoy :icon_cheers: Mmmm Moa.

Screwy

That's a shame mate. You'll lose your 100% attendance record :D

Apparently the guys from Witta are getting a mini bus together, so there are others coming back for more. let's hope it becomes regular!

Alright, I'm organising transport for myself and two work mates which leaves room for others. We'll be leaving from the Golden Beach Tavern in Caloundra at one that afternoon, and then being dropped off back at the GBT that afternoon/evening.

Is anyone interested in joining us? First in, best dressed.

How did this go Graham?

Was keen to get along but a bout of gastro put that idea out the window :(

Hope it went well for all involved.

Cheers

How did this go Graham?

Was keen to get along but a bout of gastro put that idea out the window :(

Hope it went well for all involved.

Cheers

Shame you didn't make it Nick, but 30 of us did (myself and azrebb the only AHBers).

14 beers tasted altogether - Mac's Black and Moa Original added at the last minute.

Sassy Red got a big thumbs up, as did the 5 hop ale, and the Trippel. A lot of Shwarzbier fans on the Moa Noir and the Mac's Black.

Not so many going for the pale lagers, although Moa's Weka Native Lager was the fave for a couple of people.

A pretty cruisy afternoon in Maleny by all accounts I think. :icon_cheers:

... I'll start a new thread when i can confirm, but there's a chance we'll be having a Sam Smith's session sometime in the next few months :icon_chickcheers:

(I think we can be certain you'll have recovered by then ;) )

:( No mon, no fun. :(
Shed --- Do they give a pensioner discount? :lol:

TP

Normally yes they do Pete ... but i'm pretty sure they'll make an exception for you :blink:

You'll have to call and ask next time there's a session.

Thanks to the success of the last two of these sessions, Purple Palate has pretty much decided they will be running the last Saturday of every month at Finbar's in Maleny...

Only issue will be needing to cap it at 30 people, which was how many attended the last one.

I'll start another thread on the coming session in a second :icon_cheers:

Normally yes they do Pete ... but i'm pretty sure they'll make an exception for you :blink:

You'll have to call and ask next time there's a session.

Thanks to the success of the last two of these sessions, Purple Palate has pretty much decided they will be running the last Saturday of every month at Finbar's in Maleny...

Only issue will be needing to cap it at 30 people, which was how many attended the last one.

I'll start another thread on the coming session in a second :icon_cheers:

Put me down for the Sam Smiths Sheddy! If I have to pay a nurse to look after the wife for the time I will for that one.
sign-smiley-7034.gif

Screwy

Put me down for the Sam Smiths Sheddy! If I have to pay a nurse to look after the wife for the time I will for that one.
sign-smiley-7034.gif

Screwy

Well my friend, looks like we're locking in May 28th for the next session... working title "Best of British."

More details to be revealed when we know them :icon_cheers:

Well my friend, looks like we're locking in May 28th for the next session... working title "Best of British."

More details to be revealed when we know them :icon_cheers:

Correction!!!

This event is now happening on 21st May 2pm.

Will be a minimum of eight (8) ... yes that's eight (8) beers to enjoy, and will include St Peters, Sammy Smiths, Timmy Taylor, Young's & Wells.

$30 with fancy pizza.

Oh, it's gonna be tasty.

I cannae wait! Checking calendar and Hinterland bus service !! :D

I cannae wait! Checking calendar and Hinterland bus service !! :D

You can get a lift with me you donut! (SWMBO says you've got to be fully clothed on both journeys and wear a bib)

Latest posts

Back