Style Suggestion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppinmad

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I ordered some grain from my HBS and had it sent... but instead of putting rolled oats in the bag they put flaked barley. It is all mixed up and milled now so can't separate it.

They were nice enough to send me my original order again.... but was wondering if you could give me a suggestion on what the bag with flaked barley could be used for.

This is what is in the bag:

2kg Weyermen Pilsener
2kg Torrified Wheat
500g Flaked barley

my original plan was to make Belgian wit, but with the barley i'm not sure it would come up to scratch.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Guys,

So I ordered some grain from my HBS and had it sent... but instead of putting rolled oats in the bag they put flaked barley. It is all mixed up and milled now so can't separate it.

They were nice enough to send me my original order again.... but was wondering if you could give me a suggestion on what the bag with flaked barley could be used for.

This is what is in the bag:

2kg Weyermen Pilsener
2kg Torrified Wheat
500g Flaked barley

my original plan was to make Belgian wit, but with the barley i'm not sure it would come up to scratch.

Thanks for your help.
A Belgian Wit could definately be a possibilty, or possibly add a bit of sugar and make a strongish Belgian blond of sorts.

Otherwise you could add some additional specialites and roasted malts, and make a stout or full bodied dark ale. The unmalted grain should provide a nice full mouthfeel.

Latest posts

Back