Stuff Left Over Hopburst Ipa (?)- Thoughts On Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mash hop with the Chinook, then toss everything into a bowl together.

Add equal amounts at 20, 10, 5.

Looks like my kind of beer with a fair whack of hops in the face.

So if you get enough in your 20 minute addition and it is bitter enough could it be a hop burst IPA?????

Or do still add the bittering hop which means technically its not a hop burst...

But then I like your thinking anyhow I would love that beer as i love hopbursts and ipa's.

It could be a hybrid beer.

Mash hop with the Chinook, then toss everything into a bowl together.

Add equal amounts at 20, 10, 5.

Looks like my kind of beer with a fair whack of hops in the face.

I don't like mash hopping, it really doesn't use the hops to their full potential IMO

So if you get enough in your 20 minute addition and it is bitter enough could it be a hop burst IPA?????

Or do still add the bittering hop which means technically its not a hop burst...

But then I like your thinking anyhow I would love that beer as i love hopbursts and ipa's.

It could be a hybrid beer.

Well, I'm not much of a 'stick to style' person. I'm calling it an IPA because it's the closest bracket it will probably fit in.

This is the way i did mine dj's ipa

Cheers!

yeah same if you look in the recipeDB and see our Starship EnterPRIDE we are calling it a Australia IPA (mmmm except the US04) so same same.

OK, it's in the glass.

At 4%, I worried that it would be out of balance, and while it is, it's not out of balance in a way I don't like. I dry hopped with 60g of the mix, and as such it's got a real 'fresh hops' aroma on it, which is awesome. Drinking it, there's a huge explosion of flavour, with bitterness, grassiness, general hop flavour going on... great stuff.

Latest posts

Back