Storage Of Fresh Wort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappy71

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering how long I can store fresh wort for? I cant ferment it at the moment as everything is in storage?

Hi, Just wondering how long I can store fresh wort for? I cant ferment it at the moment as everything is in storage?

The commercial fresh-wort kits typically have a use-by date on them that is at least a year hence.

If it is your own wort that you have made make sure you put it into an airtight container and remove as much air as you can. It is better to do this with hot wort that way you reduce the risk of nasties starting to eat your wort while you wait for the best time to ferment.

Poke around the search function and look for "no chill", quite a few people (me included) do it here and as long as you keep your sanitation standards up you shouldn't have too much trouble.

From the oft' quoted 'how to cube' page found Here

Cubes that have been properly packed may be stored for extended periods. Some users have reported good results with cubes being stored for over a year. Personally I have stored cubes for 1 to 2 months without issue.

I have kept mine 6-8 weeks without issue. I do like to get them going within the week as reckon fresh is best. But you do hear of people going 3-6 mths from posts I've read.

Hopper.

Latest posts

Back