Stir-Bar bulk buy anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keen as well for 2. As has been said previously I will take the best size for a 2L Erlenmeyer flask.

No one has really responded to what is best for this size flask.

There's a little discussion on some stir bar sizes in this thread

I just thought it might be of some help to determine sizing for people.

phoenixdigital said:
I'm keen as well for 2. As has been said previously I will take the best size for a 2L Erlenmeyer flask.

No one has really responded to what is best for this size flask.
I have a 5 Litre flask with a 2.8cm stir bar. Its way too small but i reckon it will be perfect for a 2 litre flask. I'd say go with 1cm per litre.

Same as brewtas for me too: 2 x 30mm and 2 x 40mm stir bars

sponge said:
There's a little discussion on some stir bar sizes in this thread

I just thought it might be of some help to determine sizing for people.

Thanks sponge, it's actually inspired me not to bother building my own stir plate as if I had to buy all the bits conveniently from Jaycar/green shed I estimate around $70-75 + my time, so $89 delivered for the digital plate with warranty and 2x 30mm stir bars is a no brainer. Let's me focus on actually brewing :)

So in short I'm pulling out unless the 30mm stir bars are not enough for my 2L erlenmeyer which it seems from advice won't be the case. Thanks again and sorry to pull out!

Yea I have one of their stir plates as well.

The link wasn't supposed to be a plug for them or anything or to try and put this thread OT, but I am a satisfied customer of theirs nonetheless. I just remember there being some discussion on there as to which stir bars worked best with their stir plates for different sizes starters/flasks.

Got plenty of people to go ahead.
Just need people to confirm sizes and shipping addresses, and send money. As soon as I've got all the funds I'll place the order.

Also going to add in the 25mm bar if people are interested, $3.50 each.

cheers,
Mike

Put me down for a couple, too. I'll get back to you with sizing.

OK. Quick update. Got 19 people down for the buy. (20 including me...)

Still need to confirm specific orders from 5 people.
Still need addresses from 12 people
Still need money from 16 people.

I am in too.. Will place order and payment over the weekend.

G

Sorry Steinberg, I'm going to pull out of this, just done some adding up of associated costs with buiding my stirplate and it's just not viable for me at the moment unfortunately. It's much cheaper to just brew a starter beer with my current financial situation.

Also added in the 35mm one at $5 each. (I'd edit the original post to reflect the extra options, but can't figure out how to edit it...)

Either purchase a pro membership or ask a moderator.

Update on orders.

Got 19 people down for the buy. (20 including me...)
Still need to confirm specific orders from 5 people.
Still need addresses from 9 people
Still need money from 11 people.

I've got enough deposits for this to go ahead at any time now. So I plan on placing the order on Friday. If I've not got a message from you confirming your order with a deposit then you'll probably miss out. (Can probably hold off on ordering till Monday if there's enough pressure/demand)

Update on orders.

Got 20 people down for the buy. (21 including me...)
Still need to confirm specific orders from 4 people.
Still need addresses from 6 people (the 4 above and 2 others)
Still need money from 8 people.

Latest posts

Back