• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Stinky no chill cube.

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

axematt

Reaction score
Gday fellow brewers.
I have just recently (3 brews in) joined the AG world of brewing and bloody loving it!! getting great results with some super tasty beers. But, my no chill cube that I have used has the smell of hops in it that I just cant get out! I have cleaned with PBW 3 times, sanitised with starsan and left to air but it's still there. My question is, Does it really matter? As it is cleaned and sanitised, will the odour alone ruin anything I put in there or will the new hot brew I put in just overpower it and so on and so on...

Cheers

Reaction score
Gday fellow brewers.
I have just recently (3 brews in) joined the AG world of brewing and bloody loving it!! getting great results with some super tasty beers. But, my no chill cube that I have used has the smell of hops in it that I just cant get out! I have cleaned with PBW 3 times, sanitised with starsan and left to air but it's still there. My question is, Does it really matter? As it is cleaned and sanitised, will the odour alone ruin anything I put in there or will the new hot brew I put in just overpower it and so on and so on...

Cheers
You can try some bi-carb.

axematt

Reaction score
Just a scoop with water, shake and let it sit for a bit then rinse type thing?

axematt

Reaction score
Cheers mate, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.

Matt

MaggieO

Reaction score
My brew buckets all smell like hops. Doesn't seem to affect the flavor of anything I put in them.

MO

brisie

Reaction score
Sterophos AKA pink cleaner AKA Trisodium Phosphate, Chlorinated
With a couple ltrs hot water works best for me in the cube I wouldn't use it on any stainless steel though.

Wolfman1

Reaction score
Mine all smell like hops, especially as I cube hop. I don’t think it matters too much but I can reduce it by filling the cube with water and a helping of Pbw and leave it for a week or so.
I’m more trying to clean out the handle so I turn it upside down but you have to keep venting off the pressure

Latest posts