Stealth Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkatoo

The Sneaky Monk
Reaction score
Well after a distinct lack of interest in a hopper bulk buy and with a few other hopper projects appearing, I headed off to the big green shed to buy some MDF, bolts, brackets and a can of stealthy black paint ;)

I had an old coffee table that was going to the tip so after a bit of grinding, drilling and sanding I had a new base. Some cutting, drilling and mucking around followed by the can of black paint, the Stealth Mill was born! :ph34r:

You'll note the various angles to deflect radar and the stealthy black colour so it can't be seen at night.

All up cost? well, nothing really as I was given a gift card, but if I had paid for it, about $25 for the bits that made the hopper plus the paint.

Will get its first test run early next week.
IMG_9778.JPG IMG_9779.JPG

IMG_9780.JPG IMG_9781.JPG
IMG_9782.JPG

That looks awesome - well done Wakka. Let us know how much grain it holds on the maiden run. You might need to brew a ninja RIS to really max it out.

Some sort of stand for the marga is becoming a priority for me. I'm not sure how much my back likes leaning over the bucket while I hand crank. I hope nobody decides to search for innuendo in that last sentence. <_<

I've got the genuine mm hopper and basekit... but compared to that yours is rad to the power of sick!.

ninja ris must be done!!!

MOM out.

Thanks guys, yeah I'm interested to know how much it holds - but tell me (and I apologise for my ignorance), but what the hell is a RIS??

edit - sorry, my bad. RIS is of course a Russian Imperial Stout

:p

been a bit slow with getting photos on here but I did a brew a week and a bit ago.
Brew was a Schwarzbier, which is kind of appropriate given the colour my brewery is going.

So, with a tad under 5kgs of grain, the hopper was as full as it's ever going to get! Not the largest hopper out there but it worked like a charm. If you are interested in the recipe, the original is in the database (lager - "Black Betty"). This was the beer that I did for last years vic july case swap which in the end I only ever had two bottles of and the feedback from the other swappers was encouraging so I needed a keg for myself B)

Cheers!

IMG_9849.JPG
All set up ready to go on the newly named Sneaky Monk Brewhaus
IMG_9851.JPG
Just a bit full!
IMG_9853.JPG
IMG_9855.JPG
Grains are a bit smashed, think thats more to do with pulling them through too fast - something I need to fix
IMG_9856.JPG
1st runnings looking pretty sweet!

I like your grain "sight glass" :)

Back