Stc & Fridge Failure

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhouken

Reaction score
Bit of a tekkie question but would like to hear other's experiences / thoughts. My fermentation fridge does not get up to normal fridge temperature and runs all the time. Minimum temperature it reaches is 6.6C. Could it be that since I have the STC on the power input side (compressor loses power every time the STC switches) have led to its failure? Should the STC be on the internal thermostat circuit rather so that the compressor itself does not lose power?

Also noticed that the deadband on my other fridge is around 8C (3.6C to 11.6C) while my STC is set to 2C. This means more stress on the compressor?What should/could it be set to?

Bit of a tekkie question but would like to hear other's experiences / thoughts. My fermentation fridge does not get up to normal fridge temperature and runs all the time. Minimum temperature it reaches is 6.6C. Could it be that since I have the STC on the power input side (compressor loses power every time the STC switches) have led to its failure? Should the STC be on the internal thermostat circuit rather so that the compressor itself does not lose power?

Also noticed that the deadband on my other fridge is around 8C (3.6C to 11.6C) while my STC is set to 2C. This means more stress on the compressor?What should/could it be set to?

are you certain it's gassed up? Seals are in good condition? Didnt clip a gas line while drilling/altering the fridge? STC Wired correctly and calibrated?

WTF is a deadband?

Is your fridge set on MAX Coldness with its own thermostat?

If not it will not chill down as its own thermostat will take over and cut out compressor.

Cheers,
D80

by deadband he probly means the temp differential. the diff is 3C by default so if it's set for 10C it will switch on at 13 then off at 7 in fridge mode [if it's a fridgemate]. sounds like both fridges are s few degrees higher than expected, maybe your thermometer is shot.
the fridge that runs all the time is most likely rooted, it's own thermostat should shut it down

what temp does it get to when not on the stc-1000 ?

and the current hotter humid weather makes all the fridges run harder, my food fridge runs heaps :( often think the hidden coils on the back that get HOT should not be hidden in the fridge heating it up...

Back