Stc-1000 Help/advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a little flashing light on the display of the STC1000 when you first turn it on?
If so, that's the delay working. It will switch your freezer on in maybe 9 mins.

Thanks PCM fisher I think that's it, just "stuck" at bunnings will we when I get home..

Quick question;

I've just bought a beast of a fermenting fridge that fits 3+ fermenters in it. Is there any reason I can't have a double adapter hooked up to the heating side of the STC so that I can plug in two heat belts at once?

Why not look at rigging up a light in the fridge to create the heat?

breakbeer said:
Quick question;

I've just bought a beast of a fermenting fridge that fits 3+ fermenters in it. Is there any reason I can't have a double adapter hooked up to the heating side of the STC so that I can plug in two heat belts at once?
Will be fine. STC can switch a lot more power than 2 heat belts assuming you are just using ~22w belts.

Thanks for the replies

I prefer a direct heat source rather than heating the ambient fridge temp with a light

Might even push it out to 3 heat belts when the need arises

Cheers

breakbeer said:
Thanks for the replies

I prefer a direct heat source rather than heating the ambient fridge temp with a light

Might even push it out to 3 heat belts when the need arises

Cheers
How will you ensure that the controller is keeping each fermentor at the right temp e.g. what temp will you be measuring?

I'll have the probe in one fermenter, I figure 30L is a big enough thermal mass to ensure the others are at the same temp

There may be a small difference between the FV on the top shelf & the one on the bottom but I can live with that

I think you'll be OK with a small fan circulating the air which is what I had to do.
The temperature difference could easily be 5°c otherwise.

New fridge has a built-in fan...

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1400666705.451582.jpg

breakbeer said:

anthonyUK said:
I think you'll be OK with a small fan circulating the air which is what I had to do.
The temperature difference could easily be 5°c otherwise.
Fan's not going to work unless your heating the ambient space in the fridge. I think you'll have more success heating the fridge space than trying to heat the beer directly.

jonnir said:
Where abouts do you guys let your probes sit in your hlt? I did a test run the other day and mine was way off at certain spots
Have you got a mash paddle/spoon? Give the hlt a quick stir a few minute before you want to use it. It will equalize the temperatures easily.

Latest posts

Back