Stc-1000 Help/advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan26 said:
Thanks for the advice guys im down on the gold coast but may end up taking you up on your offer of help i have absolutely no idea when it comes to electrical stuff and its not really something i feel like mucking around with and getting wrong. Il speak to one of the fridge repair guys we get into fix our fridges at work and see what he would charge me to wire it up. Or i just mite have to bite the bullet and buy a pre wired one.
One other question do i need to have a heat belt or pad inside the fridge or is it not necessary.
Regardless of whether you choose a prewired one or a DIY bare unit, your brewing results are about to take a quantum leap in quality.

FWIW, make sure before following some online diagrams and pic based tutorials, that your unit and the example unit have exactly the same wiring diagrams internally. Won't bother with the usual "insurance and legal issues" it's been done to death before.

For heating mode, either a small incandescent light bulb or a heater belt will suffice for the limited heating you might need to do during winter.

Martin

HBHB said:
either a small incandescent light bulb or a heater belt will suffice for the limited heating you might need to do during winter.
Just to add another option..

or a heat pad, I have the heat pad in the door of the fridge and works extremely well :)

Yob said:
Just to add another option..

or a heat pad, I have the heat pad in the door of the fridge and works extremely well :)
Same here. I have a heat pad resting against the side wall in my fridge. Works a charm :)

I used this youtube video to make mine EXACTLY as described. Works beautifully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ZW2XScrzI&list=PLsGxJcC-XpCGI_i0TrApOQAcWgnUFSmBg

Yob said:
..... or more locally with noting to save and open as it's all been done on this site

>HERE<
I was of course trying to answer a question raised by Slash2200
Looks like that blog has been deleted? Don't suppose you saved the info someplace?

If as you say there was one good thread on the subject of the Elitech STC 1000, then merging all the rest into it would make it unreadable - best just delete all new posts on the subject then.

hey guys, i have the stc1000, and was hoping to change the probe out for a stainless one i can put in liquid. i got one from jaycar but it doesn't seem to be compatible (error ee)
is there a certain type you need? has anyone else come across this issue?
thanks

Why would you want to put it in the beer?

Install a thermowell if you really feel the need for an internal reading

Yob said:

more for the hlt and calibrating the dial thermometer

flymanor said:
hey guys, i have the stc1000, and was hoping to change the probe out for a stainless one i can put in liquid. i got one from jaycar but it doesn't seem to be compatible (error ee)
is there a certain type you need? has anyone else come across this issue?
thanks
Obvious question, but have you tried swapping the wiring pins?

Yob said:

I have mine sitting in a 1.5L Pet bottle of water so I keep a more consistent temp in the fermeeezer.

flymanor said:
more for the hlt and calibrating the dial thermometer

Yob said:
The stock one works fine on my hlt
Yep I have the standard probe on my hex and it has worked fine for over 12 months, probably closer to 2 years.

Mines wedged up the side of the fermenter.. But I use one in the recirculating system on the hlt and one in the hex as well..

Where abouts do you guys let your probes sit in your hlt? I did a test run the other day and mine was way off at certain spots

At the outlet of the pump, without recirculating I found I got hot spots and was inconsistent. Will dog up a photo for you

20140320_215220.jpg

bradsbrew said:
Obvious question, but have you tried swapping the wiring pins?

I have mine sitting in a 1.5L Pet bottle of water so I keep a more consistent temp in the fermeeezer.
i tried it both ways, with no luck. i thought it was the wiring but the older one worked when i wired it back in.

Hey guys, just in the middle of my keezer build and I think the stc 1000 I have won't allow the freezer to run off if, I originally thought it was because it was coming from a power board but I tried a dedicated PowerPoint which could run the freezer stand alone and if doesn't want to play.

I have had the stc 1000 for a few months and has run a couple of different fridges no worries, just wondered if anybody else has had the same problem with a freezer.

Have a spare stc 1000 which is currently hooked up to the ferment fridge which I can test against so I might try that.

The STC1000 would not know, or care , if you had a fridge, freezer or washing machine plugged into it.

Back