Starsan And Mdf

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion and from my knowledge I don't think it is good practice to store any chemical in anything other then the original bottle. (I'm talking in a general environment, such a house or shed etc).

I'm sure 99.9% of people who do this use common sense and will never have a negative outcome from the practice, but IMHO it increases the storage risk of the chemical. I personally ensure all chemicals are stored in their original bottle with a legible label by taking care with the item.

Just my 2c. Take or leave from it what you will.

I kind of agree,

reminds me of a story...

a mate lived at his girlfriends grampa's house...

grampa passed away, they lived there for a year or so more...

when they were cleaning out the shed to sell, thankfully girlfriends dad (grampa's son) was there helping... my mate said 'oh what's in this tin' and was about to open it and sniff it...

GF's dad (grampa's son) jumped across shed to stop my mate opening it...

Grampa was a Fitter and Toolmaker... Cyanide is a great tool hardener...

oh and i use a syringe to draw out Starsan... no drips.

I kind of agree,

reminds me of a story...

a mate lived at his girlfriends grampa's house...

grampa passed away, they lived there for a year or so more...

when they were cleaning out the shed to sell, thankfully girlfriends dad (grampa's son) was there helping... my mate said 'oh what's in this tin' and was about to open it and sniff it...

GF's dad (grampa's son) jumped across shed to stop my mate opening it...

Grampa was a Fitter and Toolmaker... Cyanide is a great tool hardener...

oh and i use a syringe to draw out Starsan... no drips.

There are a lot of story's like this. Some that don't end as well as others. I think some people can be a little complacent with chemicals. I didn't know that cyanide was used as a too hardener though.

Yep no more pouring direct from bottle- did that once and put the bottle down on 2 week old bench top after kitchen reno leaving nice white stain in the shape of a starsan bottle. Use a syringe now and not allowed tp come insode with Starsan anymore :wacko:

Latest posts

Back