Stainless Steel Olive Oil Fusti As Fermenter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legitimate 50 Liter Keg - Easier to sanatize, larger, cheaper and substantially more sturdy
Fusti - Thinner, smaller volume and if the fabrication is not as good as the keg it will take 2 days to sanitize it appears :)

Both suffer from pitting when bleach is used so thanks ducatiboy for your metallurgical insight.

Caustic is a good way to sanitize stainless and flush it out with some low concentration citric acid before rinsing it with water.

Cheers

Roller

Well, I use an ultra thin Big W $19 - 19L pot as my boiler at present. I'm thinking that compared to a decent 30L boiler that this could be a cheap (tapped) kettle option without resorting to finding a midnight keg! If my Big W sweet FA thick pot can handle a three ring burner, would this???

So has anyone bought used one of these fusti's ? they seem fairly sturdy and forgiving.

I wonder if there would be a way to no chill in them as well (i.e. just change lid or something). I know you couldn't squeze out the air, like you do with a cube, but i generally pitch well within 24 hours so wouldn't be using for long term storage really anyway.

I'm chewing through the cubes a bit (seams splitting mostly around the tap thread) and @ 15 - 20 bucks a pop it wouldn't be too long before it adds up to as much as one of these fusti's.

Ha! made me look.

Latest posts

Back