Stainless Steel Herms Coil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adryargument

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a stainless steel coil for a herms unit.

Does anyone know any manufacturers / suppliers that may be able to produce them?
I have had no luck searching for the last 3 weeks, except for a few second hand ones that have popped up on ebay.

I currently have a 18L S/S pot or a 45L S/S pot. Don't particularly care which one i use, will come down to the size of the coil i can find. :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Chris

I'm currently looking for a stainless steel coil for a herms unit.

Does anyone know any manufacturers / suppliers that may be able to produce them?
I have had no luck searching for the last 3 weeks, except for a few second hand ones that have popped up on ebay.

I currently have a 18L S/S pot or a 45L S/S pot. Don't particularly care which one i use, will come down to the size of the coil i can find. :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Chris

i have had a quote of $70 to bend 6m of 12mm s/s pipe for me, thats $70 plus the cost of the pipe

or you can use one of these coils, but be conscious of the flow rate through this narrow diameter

http://www.kegking.com.au/chillerbox_inlinechiller.html

As per HERMS thread, Ill mention Stainless Stuff (link in other thread) just a question as to whether price is right for you, they're made to order so design is no issue. Cheers.

As per HERMS thread, Ill mention Stainless Stuff (link in other thread) just a question as to whether price is right for you, they're made to order so design is no issue. Cheers.

Thanks HSB, saw that before but not really my cup-of-tea.
Leaning towards trying to find a coil to fit inside the 45L, so that i can use it as a HLT also.

PM Sent Don, would be great to find where you had it bent.

I had no trouble bending 6m of 1/2 inch annealed S/S pipe around a piece of 6 inch plastic sewer pipe. Took me about 20 mins and it fits very neatly in a 19ltr pot from Big W. If you buy annealed pipe its not as difficult as you think.
Cheers Altstart

Bump
Altstart where did you source your 1/2" ss pipe?

prochem pipeline products had everything i needed, with no minimum order required - some mobs were after a $400 min. cash sale

they offered 1/2 x 1.2 mm Wall Seamless annealed and pickled finish Gr 316/L $14.50 /Mtr + GST 6 mtr lengths

they sell heaps of other ss fittings as well, these are the ones i asked about

BSP Male - tube compression fitting 8CM8-316EC $24.60 Each + GST Twin Ferrule Hoke Gyrolok Brand made in USA
FFF Tee $7.20 Each + GST (Cast Fitting Low Pressure.)
Socket $7.50 Each + GST Low Pressure

looks like they have a shop in dandenong south

all these prices were from mid july

Hmm prochem ok I'll check them out. They're about 5 minutes from work.
I wonder if they have coiled tube in longer lengths like whats available on ebay

just looked for something similar today. Cant get annealed s/s in any longer than 6m lengths. Youcan get 12.7mm x 0.9mm which may be a bit easier to bend than the 1.2mm. I did a test piece last night in a couple of metres around a 6" pipe, was easy enough. Going to make an immersion chiller with a 6m length. Not sure if it will cool fast enough with only 6m so might have to join a couple.
Bottom line - no I wasn't able to find any longer lengths. Shame the pre coiled variety are so small as 16m would be perfect.

Back