• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter, 12.5 Gallon (48l)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevCurt2001

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a brand new 12.5 gallon (48 Liter) stainless steel conical fermenter for sale.

Comes with 3/4" stainless ball valves for drain and racking. Both attachments welded with 1.5" triclover fittings (with gaskets).

Fitted with a 3" dial type thermometer.

Removable leg assembly for easy cleaning.

Pickup from Southern Sydney or arrange your own courier (it's too large a box for Aussie Post).

PM offers please...

Photo's below:

_B1LJN_wBGk___KGrHqUOKkUE_uy1JYHfBMdYc7_jrg___12.JPG_B1LJPTQ_2k___KGrHqF__hcEw5B_QMqWBMdYc_wKT____12.JPG_B1QrW9g_2k___KGrHqQOKnMEw8_1SFTcBMduolhLTw___12.JPG_B2YdhFwEWk___KGrHqN__hEE_8Ol__bgBMiRr32VqQ___12.JPG_BuHJIbwBWk___KGrHqYOKj_EvPqKF8ZdBL__u8vk_w___12.JPG

PM'ed

Hi,

I have a brand new 12.5 gallon (48 Liter) stainless steel conical fermenter for sale.

Comes with 3/4" stainless ball valves for drain and racking. Both attachments welded with 1.5" triclover fittings (with gaskets).

Fitted with a 3" dial type thermometer.

Removable leg assembly for easy cleaning.

Pickup from Southern Sydney or arrange your own courier (it's too large a box for Aussie Post).

PM offers please...

Photo's below:

View attachment 41333View attachment 41334View attachment 41335View attachment 41336View attachment 41337

Hi Guys,

Just a quick post to say the fermenter has been sold.

Regards

Steve
a happy purchase too,thanks, i will be going to Hervey Bay home brew shop today to get the gear to load it up and start brewing, and looking forward to it,

YE HA the fermenter arrived at my place this morning and I love it, of course it is total bling and I can brew better beer in a bucket, but hey it is really really shiney and looks great in my shed,Like all things cheap it has a few problems,the welding is very poor there is a lack of penetration a few missed edges and a fair amount of pitting due to no purging lucky for me I am able to repair all this but I would hate to order a few of these from who ever supplies them as they would be hard to get rid of,this is no reflection on the guy who sold it to me,he had not taken it out of the box,but if anyone is looking at this brand of conical beware the photos they show aint nothing like the actual thing,anyway I tossed 2x coopers draught 2x muntons amber malt 2x muntons gold yeast and a handfull of fuggles into it and 40 litres of water and will play drop the yeast with that and see what happens,

COMICAL_FERMENTER.jpg

CON_ME_FERMENTER_2.jpg

LACK_OF_PENETRATION.jpg

YE HA the fermenter arrived at my place this morning and I love it, of course it is total bling and I can brew better beer in a bucket, but hey it is really really shiney and looks great in my shed,Like all things cheap it has a few problems,the welding is very poor there is a lack of penetration a few missed edges and a fair amount of pitting due to no purging lucky for me I am able to repair all this but I would hate to order a few of these from who ever supplies them as they would be hard to get rid of,this is no reflection on the guy who sold it to me,he had not taken it out of the box,but if anyone is looking at this brand of conical beware the photos they show aint nothing like the actual thing,anyway I tossed 2x coopers draught 2x muntons amber malt 2x muntons gold yeast and a handfull of fuggles into it and 40 litres of water and will play drop the yeast with that and see what happens,
Sorry can u just clarify something? U just dropped everything in? No boil? No removal of hops etc? I assume u just didn't outline ur process, cause u know u won't get any hop utlisation from just throwing Them into a fermentor and of course that's a self defeating thing to do. You don't want hops etc mixing in with ur yeast. It just makes it harder to seperate or at least you'll get less clean yeast.

More like he used two prehopped coopers kits with 2 tins of LME instead of the kilos of sugar and dry hopped with fuggles. Well, thats what it sounded like to me. I wondered the same about the hop n yeast mix tho!

Nice Stevenali does it fit in your temperature controlled fermentation fridge ?

Pumpy :)

More like he used two prehopped coopers kits with 2 tins of LME instead of the kilos of sugar and dry hopped with fuggles. Well, thats what it sounded like to me. I wondered the same about the hop n yeast mix tho!
*smacks forehead* yeah of course. Too early in tge morning.

Nice bit of kit though.

Sorry can u just clarify something? U just dropped everything in? No boil? No removal of hops etc? I assume u just didn't outline ur process, cause u know u won't get any hop utlisation from just throwing Them into a fermentor and of course that's a self defeating thing to do. You don't want hops etc mixing in with ur yeast. It just makes it harder to seperate or at least you'll get less clean yeast.
thats right i just dropped it all in a bucket with some hot water stirred it up and put it into the fermenter which had cold filtered water in it,then i steeped the pellet hops in some hot water and and tossed them in thats what i use to do,and sometimes when the ferments over i toss more dry pellet hops in,i have only reused yeast twice in the past and it is speckled with hops i didnt think it mattered and it seemed to work ok but i would like to know how to make better beer for sure,ive been buying kegs from the pub for the last 5 years Guinness and Hahn Premium,i love this site but it is quite hard to find the right advice from the search engine,in the past i have made some very good beer but mostly it is very mediocre/ordinary and one 50 litre keg was fed to the lawn grubs
yes it fits in the fridge real well as soon as i find out how to use my temp controller etc 300 i will have a go at some kit larger with a fancy yeast i am a bit worried about the hop thing,i have seen brewers put dry hops in the fermenter and thought it was the done thing???

It's OK CM, fukwits that invited me to a little party in the evening took the liberty of waking me up early, hopefully you don't have that privilege! I'm gonna get THAT friend some of the first coopers homebrew instead of the later ones ;)

Back