• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Stainless Conical Fermenter Sale (and other bits from my brewery)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't heard back yet...from brewnut...

they are Stout Tanks which were sold through a bloke that went bust ~ that thread....Mahdu advised me that Carl - aka Brewnut ordered his from the States tho

There is no distributor in Aus for Stout Tanks at the moment. Eric is a nice guy over at Conical Fermentor.com in the US - it's a bit of a killer with the exch rate and freight tho

Grain and Grape had a fermentor from Stout Tanks not long ago, cant remember the size. edit> Core Brewing 55ltr $1059 through G&G

Don't worry I will get onto the quotes for freight today.
I bought these from the stout tanks and kettles supplier in China when I imported my brewery a few years back. I had grand visions of setting up a nano brewery but family and work has gotten in the road!!

I bought the first two fermenters from Karl about a year ago. They are fantastic fermenters and were brand new. They were a bargain and I am very happy with them.

Les the Weizguy said:
Great product placement, Batz. Your timing is impeccable. It truly cannot be pecked. I clicked the link to show my support.

17 US gallons is slightly smaller than Karl's conicals, though.
I brew in stainless olive oil drums anyway, big mobs cheaper and as far as conicals go I believe it's a big lot of hipe, bit like 3 roller mills. :p

OMG.. nooooo.. not to QLD... all that bling... I was hoping to brew with you :(.. I can look after your brewery while your gone :)

Interested in anything you got going..maybe even a fermenter but 80L is huge for me...64 would be perfect

Grainer said:
OMG.. nooooo.. not to QLD... all that bling... I was hoping to brew with you :(.. I can look after your brewery while your gone :)

Interested in anything you got going..maybe even a fermenter but 80L is huge for me...64 would be perfect
Just think of the extra headroom you would have for massive amounts of Krausen!!

Batz said:
I brew in stainless olive oil drums anyway, big mobs cheaper and as far as conicals go I believe it's a big lot of hipe, bit like 3 roller mills. :p
i might have to come and visit you for a brew one day now that i will be in QLD also...

Brewnut said:
i might have to come and visit you for a brew one day now that i will be in QLD also...
Your welcome anytime mate.

FWIW, and for the sake of beer pedantry, 20 US Gallons is actually 75 litres. Not that it makes much difference.

I assume that the recommended batch size is about 60-65 litres (and less for weizen).

What kettle size is recommended?? May need to up-size me old kettle too.

mmn, well my 76ltr boil kettle, er, sorry it's 20gal - has a heap of head space above the 20gal mark which I assume if for the boil factor

I think the 20gal kettle will mean an easy 60 -70 ltrs into the fermenter?

Looks like I need to start hunting some more gear to upsize the rest of the brewery now that I have the new cylindroconical ferment vessel.

What kettle size is recommended??

Is a Chugger pump a good option too. I really can't see lifting 70 litres of wort into a fermentor in a fridge.

What size fridge or upright freezer will fit this baby. I think my newer fridges will not be wide enough to fit 50 cm diameter of lid into them.

I'm falling victim to the brewing principle of "the more, the more..."

Yob, here's the unit, but not in its brew environment. Only photo available on my phone apart from a distance shot.

I have enough silicone hoses to cover my needs, for a while at least.

20151112_073222.jpg

Latest posts

Back