Srew Cap Glass Bottles & Bench Capper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The superautomatica style bench top capper will do both twist top and crown seal bottles. These have a single pull down lever. You can, if you wish, change the capper bell and buy bigger crown seals and use champagne bottles. When new, the bell (capper bit) does seem to be tight and the twist caps need a bit of extra effort to get them out of the bell.

There are cheaper two handed cappers and they tend to chip and break twist tops.

There are some brewers that love to scrimp at every step and even re-use crown seals on twist tops. One day an infection will bite them on the bum. They usually seek the cheapest kit possible too.

Purple dragon, get some more bottles, brew some good recipes and your head retention will also be awesome. Brews that have mostly malt in them tend to have nice head retention. Also, hops help with head retention. Then, use nice clean glassware (wash with a good cleaner and rinse) and people will be marvelling at your brews.

The only real problem ive had (with my superautomatica) is that with twist tops, sometimes once theyre capped, theyre hard to get out of the capper itself. I kind of have to yank them at an angle to get them out. Does anyone else have this 'problem'?

Thats about all i think

Yeh sponge recently got a new capper and had the same prob makes you think your going to pull the cap off the bottle. Easy fix is wipe the inside of the capper with a little olive oil or similar I found a spay can one in the pantry used that maybe two sprays for each brew then after a hundred or so bottles its not required anymore.Hope this helps. :icon_cheers:

Daz

Latest posts

Back