• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Caps for Screw Top Long Necks

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

DarrenTheDrunk

Reaction score
Last question for now. Can I buy screw caps for the modern stubbies and long necks. If I could, I far prefer glass but albeit not significant, have the off bottle that does not seal properly with the Crown Seal Caps. The ultimate would be caps that suit these bottles.

Cheers and Beers

darren

Tomo

Reaction score
Sorry Darren get rid of screw tops they fail in the end. Crown bottles the way to go. Did the same as you srew tops start with and crown tops. The screw tops start to leak. Get hold of coopers long necks if possible.

Grmblz

Reaction score
There's two types of glass beer bottle designs, single use and reusable, not all crown seal are reusable, and NO! screw cap are.
Coopers crown seal are designed to be reusable, just weigh the bloody things.
Single use are thinner, more fragile and allow greater gas transmission, yes glass is permeable to gas (oxygen).
Swing tops are a different issue.
For the ultimate in bottling get champagne bottles, a tirage bell for your capper, and tirage caps, BOOM! maximum pressure (if that's your thing) maximum glass thickness (O2 transmission) and maximum storage time/problems, although there is something special about dusting off a 3yr old bottle.
fwiw my wife supplies all my champagne bottles, and for a small consideration (you pay for the full ones and she supplies the empties) I would be happy to divert the supply chain for a while. 🤣
btw I thought you were kegging DD?

Latest posts