Speidels Braumeister. Impressive Yes. Expensive Yes.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what kind of price is the 20 and 50 in the U.K. SP?

I know the British Pound is kind of weak compared to the Euro zone. The Aussie dollar is way overvalued due to the rush to sell off all the countries resources.

The Braumeisters here seem to be awfully expensive IMO.

I know the British Pound is kind of weak compared to the Euro zone. The Aussie dollar is way overvalued due to the rush to sell off all the countries resources.

The BM is value for money if you don't have the space for 3V and/or don't want to build your own 3V HERMS

I've only looked at the 20L as I brew to fill 1 cornie and I like a selection of beers, I try to keep 6 different ones on the bar at any one time.

I've paid the Euro price at a reasonable exchange rate for Sterling taking into consideration the current strength of the against the . They are expensive and it's taken me a long time to get past the price of the unit, like many others I looked at building a 'copy' but realised that I would still spend a lot of money and time to end up with something that would be 'nearly' as good as the BM so I decided to 'bite the bullet' and buy one.

I currently have a 3V PID controlled RIMS system but changes here at home mean that I brew in my celler but don't really have the room to work safely and comfortably with it. Our weather here means that you're pretty much forced to brew indoors or in a shed/garage, my garage is detached and it's no fun brewing in there in winter.

As yeastfeast says, I no longer have the space for a 3V system, the BM allows me to continue with this great hobby without it being a chore to set-up, clean-up and pack-away each time in a cramped and confined area. So to me it is a worthwhile investment.

:icon_chickcheers:

I would really have liked to buy from Mark, he deserves the business, but I live in the UK and Speidel have told me that I must buy from the UK distributor :(

I would like to get hold of the rubber seal and the S/S bent pickup, as you say, they are useful additions to improve the BM. I'll drop him a PM and hopefully he's prepared to sell them to me and ship to the UK :)

I hold 0 doubt that if possible, Mark would be more than happy to assist you where possible.

I would really have liked to buy from Mark, he deserves the business,
but I live in the UK and ...
Would have been ironic to get a BM shipped from Germany to Oz, then back
to next door to where it cam from. ;)

Update.

BM ordered 31/5
BM arrives in UK 15/6
I go on vacation 16/6
I return to UK 30/6
Balance paid 2/7
BM delivered 6/7
Wife finds me jobs to keep me occupied until Saturday 21/7 !!!!!!

MHB/Mark is an absolute gent and very kindly agreed to allow me to buy the rubber seal and the S/S bent pickup and ship to the UK, what a star !!!

So after a long wait I finally managed my first brew on the BM, the seal and the pickup pipe worked perfectly. In my opinion the seal and pickup pipe are the 2 most useful/important accessories for the BM.

I waited until I had a full day to myself so as not to rush the first brew. Considering it was the first time I was working with unfamiliar equipment, it was one of the least stressful brew days I've had.

What a joy to use and how easy is it to clean !!! :icon_cheers:

On my 3V PID RIMS system I would get around 72% brewhouse eff., first run out the BM gives me 77% eff. :super: !!!

I use whole hops and with a ss mesh filer that I attach to the pickup, I only had a little over 1 litre of dead space in the BM :D

I'm sorry this post comes across a bit disjointed but I really like the BM and I have to agree with all other BM users that this bit of kit is the dogs danglies !!!!

If anyone out there is undecided about getting one, just buy it, you won't regret it :beer:

I wish, I yearn, I crave for a BM.

Unfortunately my wedding is in April next year and the SWMBO has determined all money saved goes towards that. Come next May/June though, it will be mine.

Oh yes, it will be mine.

I wish, I yearn, I crave for a BM.

Unfortunately my wedding is in April next year and the SWMBO has determined all money saved goes towards that. Come next May/June though, it will be mine.

Oh yes, it will be mine.

Put it on the bridal registery. Who knows - you might have a bunch of mates who will go in together and get it for you.

Seeing as this seems to be the main Braumeister thread I thought I should post this here so it can be added to the wealth of knowledge already collated.

Here is my stand I built for my 50L BM. If you'd like to read more, check out this thread.

Cheers,

Dave.

BMstand01.jpg

I know this was posted awhile ago.... But I love that set up! it's awesome!

My 20Lt got its maiden run on Wednesday night after picking up the unit from MHB along with the DSGA recipe. WOW! :D :D This system was smooth to use, operate and clean. Like everyone has said "You wont Regret it".

(previously owned a 40lt urn and done biab with PID controller and brown pump for circulation)

Money well spent and here is why>>>

We have a 1 year old right now and i got the all clear for brewing wednesday night. What the wife didnt know was I planned another brew for friday(last night) because i couldnt wait to use it again. I got home at 5pm on Friday and the wife left for the gym, which put me on baby patrol. With the young bloke getting into everything now he can stand etc etc we put the water in and went and played for 15 mins while it got to strike temp.

beep beep....Malt pipe went in and I mashed in and did a 15 min hydration rest while i bathed the baby. When the boy was clothed i put the top filter on and started her up>>> here is where its efficiency shined like the stainless steel that it is>>

Feed baby, read a book to baby, changed a pooey nappy, got baby ready for bed, put baby to bed. wife come home and Im in the kitchen cleaning up, emptied bins, go to computer room for 20mins( loading brew into beersmith2, lol) had dinner with the wife, watched some TV...beep beep beep ( mind you i occasionally checked on the rig ) Lifted malt pipe and started sparge at around 8pm>>>

2 hrs later the wife come to the garage to say goodnight and asked what i was doing, i said making a beer, oh i thought you were cleaning the unit from wednesday, ok cool, goodnight. :p

Sparge finished, boil commenced and finished, no chilled all by 11pm on a friday makes for a sweet brew night, everyones was happy!! :beer:

Pratty its the same reason i got my 20l,young fella running around near a sprial jet burner going full noise,fasinated by the flame and noise,was enough for me!!!!
My 20l has now done over 40 brews and going strong!!! expensive???hell yes!! worth it???? my oath!! :beer:

Hi All,

I've just got a 50L Braumeister and currently have it sitting on an old desk with a height of about 690mm.

After a quick "dry" run of the system I've realised this height is going to be difficult to allow for easy removal of the malt pipe when it is full of grain.

I'm thinking a possible solution might be to use some form of scissor lift trolley as a brew rig to allow the height to be lowered for easy mash in/malt pipe lifting duties and then raised at the end of the boil for gravity chilling through my plate chiller.

Has anyone else employed such a "system" or is my idea potentially not a plausible solution?

Cheers,
cliffo

Hi All,

I've just got a 50L Braumeister and currently have it sitting on an old desk with a height of about 690mm.

After a quick "dry" run of the system I've realised this height is going to be difficult to allow for easy removal of the malt pipe when it is full of grain.

I'm thinking a possible solution might be to use some form of scissor lift trolley as a brew rig to allow the height to be lowered for easy mash in/malt pipe lifting duties and then raised at the end of the boil for gravity chilling through my plate chiller.

Has anyone else employed such a "system" or is my idea potentially not a plausible solution?

Cheers,
cliffo
I use 2 pulley to save my back etc. Comes up nice and easy using pulleys.

Hi All,

Cheers,
cliffo

You need only to fit either a cube or your fermenter under the tap. Cut the legs off that old desk.

Batz

wow. So I am looking to go the 50l brau and thought I would have a quick peruse of this thread.
hA! Quick! Sure was a peruse I skipped to the end after a while.
I am still super keen. Probably going halves with some one who is also keen.
Is there anyone in Brisbane or surrounds with one that would be willing to let a couple of guys check it out in action?

First of all I would like to thank all that has contributed over thread.

I've know this thread for about 6 months and it definitely made me make my decision into buying this amazing system.

I've read all the braumesiter threads in here and also at the Homebrewtalk.

I have a direct fire 3 vessel Keg system in Brazil but as I brew alone, I was getting tired or lazy to wash a ton of things(Specially the heavy kegs) after a 8 hour brewday.

So I took advantage of being living temporally in Europe to buy it for about 30% the price I would pay in Brazil.

I still have some long months until I go back home for good and will be finally able to brew on it, but this thread has helped me to control my anxiety hehe

I have a couple questions:

1) I bought the 50L version and I am planning to brew mostly with the shorter malt pipe, has anyone videos or pictures of their brews with the shorter malt pipe? I haven't found it anywhere...

2) What is the height between the top of the kettle to the heating rod on the 50L braumeister, the reason is I am planning to get a custom made hop spider from arbor fabricating.

thanks to all!

Hmmm wonder if ill be able to hide my next tax return from the minister for finance

So wouldn't you have to pay gst as it over 1000 bringing it to 2420 before postage. I don't see the saving

doon said:
So wouldn't you have to pay gst as it over 1000 bringing it to 2420 before postage. I don't see the saving
Yep, plus postage and no local support.

Latest posts

Back