Spec Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
G'day all, i'm just ordering a few bits and pieces from craft brewer and will be doing a batch of Neill's Centenarillo ale upon delivery. This will be my first time steeping spec grains and i've got a question, when checking out of craft brewer, it asks do you want the grain milled or unmilled, and mixed or unmixed. As im just buying one type of grain i'm not sure about the mixed option. And also unsure what the best option is RE the milled option. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Really want to get this bang on as my last brew was a freakin' disaster and my beers young reputation among mates is on the line!
Cheers,
Rob

You want it milled so you can use it out of the bag and being only one type of grain it's impossible to mix them :) If I am ordering just one type I click un mixed anyways.

You want it milled so you can use it out of the bag and being only one type of grain it's impossible to mix them :) If I am ordering just one type I click un mixed anyways.

Cheers mate! Ordes in. C'mon auspost!

if its only small amounts of grain it wont be able to be put into seperate bags anyway. its too time consuming to do that for every order. I think Ross' craftbrewer)limit is 500g or 1kg lots if you wanting unmixed grain.

re milled v unmilled. grain needs to be milled before you use it. so if you have a mill then get unmilled, if you dont have a mill then get it milled.

Latest posts

Back