Spare Gas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LPG: Always a spare for each of my burners and again upstairs for by BBQ. So 6 bottles with a minimum of three full bottles.

CO2: 10 kg BOC bottle and my spares are three Sodastream cylinders.

Farts: two generated every hour and ample backup from my wife and kids

My main CO2 is a 25L and the backup is a 10L
Have been running the 10L for sometime and have the full 25L to go on when it dies. I've had a couple of small leaks due to damaged orings and even lost a full keg to the freezer floor :( happend on Christmas day and didn't find out until day after boxing day.
Fucken devo. 2 days of gas leakage and bottle still going strong.

Phoney said:
What have you guys done since sodastream changed the valve pin to a more flattened shape a few years back? I use a little nut and a square piece of gaff. Which works OK. Have new adapters come out to fit the new valves?
I have only had mine a few months and have had no drama at all. At first I couldnt get any gas. I adjusted the pin on the adapder with the hex screw on the other side and it was fixed. I have just orderd an adapter to go on the mini reg too :D

So I have a 2.6kg bottle. How does that equate to the 10 and 25L bottles you are talking about?

UNT

I got 6 kg main, 2.6 in shed for pressure filtering/purging, soda stream with adapter from uk, plus of course the mini regs/bulbs from bulk buy..

UsernameTaken said:
So I have a 2.6kg bottle. How does that equate to the 10 and 25L bottles you are talking about?

UNT
Sorry they are KG the 25 is around the height of a small fully grown human... it's taller than the mrs hahahaha

UsernameTaken said:

UNT
Yours is almost definitley legal. Larger bottles can be questionable, despite being purchased based on advice that "you'l be good to get that filled anywhere".

Phoney said:
What have you guys done since sodastream changed the valve pin to a more flattened shape a few years back? I use a little nut and a square piece of gaff. Which works OK. Have new adapters come out to fit the new valves?
Like Nosco mentioned above the newer model soda stream adaptors have an adjustable pin.

The advanced adaptors like in the recent bulk buy are even better. https://www.co2art.co.uk/products/advance-adapter-for-sodastream-cylinder-to-use-with-standard-aquarium-co2-regulators

Like you I have an old model and have modded it by adding to the end of the pin so that it depresses the valve.

UsernameTaken said:

UNT
I have had both filled yes. Firebox at Beresfield checked and filled both. How big do they get I thought the 25kg one G size was the biggest out there?

Back