spam

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radshoes

Reaction score
So I wont deny a while ago I got really drunk, posted things I apparently shouldn't have and got kicked and banned, several times, over several accounts. PSA its apparently a bannable offence to have multiple accounts.
Anyway I am back, I am allowed to be back, I still have some restrictions on what I can and can't do. For instance I cant do a status update, nor can I comment on status updates.
But you know that doesn't really impact on my life, if I want to offend a large amount of people I still have facebook.

So I was very surprised just now to get an email from AHB pushing one of their "friends" slash I guess sponsors slash I guess advertising something they want me to "support" slash obviously pay money to.
Now I wouldn't normally be that bothered about this, but it was sent to an email address that I signed up to AHB with an account that is now banned, never to be seen again never allowed to post from or access the website in anyway. That is right a ban means you can't even look up one of the wonderful wikis on biab in a 19l big w pot.
I feel that might be a bit of a double standard.
I'm not saying I didn't deserve to be banned, I am just saying if I am or that account is completely removed from the forum why would the forum continue to make contact?

Just an observation, just a question, not wanting to cause trouble, just wondering is all.

Probably send a report to mods although since the ownership change, ads have been more prominent, owner/admin presence and response much less so.

Personally I find it intrusive and unnecessary; I guess site owners can, and will, do what they see fit.

Ahhh, the wonders of the digital age.

If only the witches of the past had opportunities to transcend their transgressions........

Or perhaps they would keep practicing?

Umm, you "got banned several times over several accounts " and here you are whinging ?
Be thankful or **** off.........

I've been getting ones from homebrewtalk from which I'm banned but none from ahb

spog said:
Umm, you "got banned several times over several accounts " and here you are whinging ?
Be thankful or **** off.........
Pretty sure the first ban was for swearing, and then the subsequent ones were for creating new accounts
I might be wrong, I was pretty drunk at the time.
But I should be thankful, you are right.

You didn't get banned for trying to sell Italian shoes by any chance? Man, I'd love to dig up that thread again.

You're not a real home brewer until you've been banned from at least one online forum for a drunken rant.

Ooohhh, that "morning-after regret"...

WarmerBeer said:
You're not a real drunkern arse-hat until you've been banned from at least one online forum for a drunken rant.

Ooohhh, that "morning-after regret"...
FTFY.

Never been banned, but several warnings elsewhere...

barls said:
I've been getting ones from homebrewtalk from which I'm banned but none from ahb
Why am I not surprised about that ban, Barls?

My IP ban got lifted when I replied to a message from Austin asking why I hadn't been on the forum so long....

manticle said:
Wash your mouth out, spog.
Wash my mouth out I did ,with a pint of Fat Yak after an excellent rump and salad at the Shamrock pub here in Hobart.
Lobbed here late this arvo ,haven't made any plans yet as were going to wing it,I might be sneaky and slip down to the the New Sydney tomorrow as were just up the street,if I can convince the better half to put her feet up and chill out. The missus doesn't drink so I might suggest she would be bored sitting in a pub.

lol NickJD got banned around the same time. Speculation was that I am /was NickJD but to be honest I was never and will never be as helpful or informative to this forum than he was.
That guy is awesome and I think the homebrewing world is at a loss with out his input.

Latest posts

Back