South West Victoria

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hubby

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone who knows of brewers around south west Victoria who are interested in forming a brewers group?

In order to kick start this, I am also looking for someone to be a guest speaker or someone to help put on a presentation on brewing basics.

Any ideas, guidance or input from established groups would be welcome - esp in terms of set up and keeping interest going for a brewers group.

Pls PM any details to me.

Many thanks in advance :beer:

Not that I'm in the south west, Castlemaine, central Vic. but it might help if you say WHAT town/city you are actually in.
Could be Portland, Warrnambool, Hamilton, bloody lot of miles between.

Normell

:rolleyes:

The closest town for me to travel to is Portland. However, that's not to say people from Warrnambool, Hamilton and shock horror Mt Gambier would not be interested ... that's why I left it at SW Vic.

People travel a long way for their footy around here ... beer is not too much different ;)

Hubby said:
:rolleyes:

The closest town for me to travel to is Portland. However, that's not to say people from Warrnambool, Hamilton and shock horror Mt Gambier would not be interested ... that's why I left it at SW Vic.

People travel a long way for their footy around here ... beer is not too much different ;)
[post="119198"][/post]​
So they don't have 0.05 down there yet :blink: Joke Hubby :p
So where do you live, or is that a secret

normell said:
So they don't have 0.05 down there yet
Nice. :D Sadly, too many idiots still drive over! I have no simpathy for anyone who puts me and those close to me at risk.

normell said:
So where do you live, or is that a secret
No secret ... I live in a house :p

Is there a HB Club in Castlemaine (or nearby) and if so what is the turnout like?

No club here, but why so secretive about where you are.
Most here state where they are, and it's good to know.
But if you want to keep it a secret, we might just keep our answers the same way :p

normell said:
No club here, but why so secretive about where you are.
Most here state where they are, and it's good to know.
Why? It's good to know for whom? Almost sounds like you want me to post my address and ph no too :blink: Does knowing my location have anything to do with the questions I posted? You seem a little fixated on the topic. As they say, relax ... have a homebrew ;)

normell said:
But if you want to keep it a secret, we might just keep our answers the same way :p.
Your choice big fella!

Sorry, didn't mean to get under your, seems to be thin skin.
It's just that most here don't seem to mind posting where we are from, check most sigs in posts, but if you want to keep it a secret, thats your choice, but if your FIRST post is to ask about setting up a brew club, would be helpfull if they knew where :blink: it might be.
So do you have something to hide, I don't, I live in Castlemaine, my Ph # is (03) 5472 3328 or Mob. 0429 434 872 Just trying to be frendly, seems like you don't

Normell

Sorry Hubby
We seem to have got of on the wrong foot, or in my case 2 left feet.
Should have started off with, what type of brewer are you, K&K, extract, partial or AGer.
How long have you been at it, do you bottle or keg.
have to agree that I should chill out and have a beer, homebrew of coarse, and mind my own bloody business.

normell
PS must remember, that brew days and the computer don't mix :chug:

Interesting you should draw the conclusion that I have a thin skin :D

The fact that I'm not disclosing personal information has nothing to do with why I was hoping to get some answers. In terms of friendliness, perhaps you would change your mind very quickly if you gave me a break and stopped making assumptions/accusations.

You may read above that I previously wrote ...
Hubby said:
I'm not so sure why you want to berate me ... I asked a simple question and your posts have not helped me get any closer to an answer at this point.

If I've missed anything in what you write in terms of "Sorry, didn't mean to get under your, seems to be thin skin." ... "Just trying to be frendly, seems like you don't" ... pls feel free to set me straight.

Normell, if you want to shake hands and move on ... I would be happy to do so. Please don't think I hold any animosity towards your posts because I don't ;)

In the meantime, relax!

One person has kindly provided some info ... to them I am very grateful. I think this is a great resource and I'm sure I can learn and contribute in future.

:chug:

Hey Hubby
Next time my work takes me to the Portland area, I'll PM you, and maybe we can shake hands, and have a pint of JS amber at Mac's pub.

Just think that you might get more replies from PPL in the area if they know that you come from, say, Heywood or McArthur that's all

Normell

Id have a stab and say Hubby and I live in the same place but different state....and Ive already got the group name too

If it is McArthur, it's a great little place, but couldn't find Richard Harris in the Park, melting in the dark :blink:

Normell

Definately no hard feelings, Normell. :D I'm on dial up so I didn't realise you posted just before I posted mine. The brewski sounds like a plan :beer:

Sorry Linz, I live in a "blink and you'll miss" it town.

I'm prepared to travel to get this thing going ... but I think Portland may be the most convenient to many people in the area.

Found this on the AHA site...

Portland Underground Dregs Society (PUDS) ID #: 000161744
13326 SE Cedar Park Drive
Clackamas, OR 97015 USA

[email protected]
mksgrist.tripod.com/PUDS.html

Just butcher it a bit and you could have......

Portland Urban Brewers Society (PUBS) !!!!

Wadda ya reckon???

Linz said:
Portland Urban Brewers Society (PUBS) !!!!
Nice :beer: That earns you a complimentary visitor's brew!

It got me thinking ... what about:

BURP - Brewers' Utopia Reaches Portland

HOPS - Hopheads of Portland and Surrounds

Western Brewers

Glenelg Brewerb

SWOBS - South Western Organised Beer Swilling

... not up to me though.

If anyone else has any ideas, they'll be much appreciated and I'll put the suggestions to the first meeting. No doubt you'll get some more members on here too.

Portland
Inhabitants
Sipping
Some
Excellent
Draughts

Nothing to do with my connection to the snowfields though.......

Back