SOLVED - Brand new Buffalo urn won't reach rolling boil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like the buffalo urns are now up at $249.95 from nisbets, only checked on the weekend and they were at $175 (up from the low of $165)...hopefully they will have another reduction/sale before xmas

I have the same urn.

How are you finding the trub etc... caking to the bottom of the element plate?

crowmanz said:
looks like the buffalo urns are now up at $249.95 from nisbets, only checked on the weekend and they were at $175 (up from the low of $165)...hopefully they will have another reduction/sale before xmas
Sign of the times perhaps. The Australian dollar is near record lows at the moment, and some pundits are predicting that it will sink to .75 cents to the US dollar. Good for exports (eg. minerals, wheat etc.), but importing goods is more expensive.

As old stock that was imported when the $AU was higher is sold, expect replacement stock to increase in price, unless importers and/or retailers want to cut margins to keep up cash flow in a sluggish consumer market.

Wasn't it only a year or so ago that the $AU reached parity with the $US? Things can change pretty quickly.

On the bright side, the lower $AU can make local manufacturing more competitive against imports - but then, are there any factories left in Australia?

Jazzafish said:
How are you finding the trub etc... caking to the bottom of the element plate?
Sometimes there is a bit of burnt wort but nothing serious. Maybe 20% of the element will have a bit of burnt wort that comes off with a scourer with little effort. When I say burnt, I mean caramelised, not charred.

Back